cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VALID DATE

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

while creating BOM (CS01) , on this screen , VALID DATE field is there.

I want to know how system take the current date when we create BOM on perticular date.

Whats its setting ???

My system showing be back date like 04.01.2006 , how i can change this date ??

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184627
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The setting is maintained in transaction OS27 (Modification parameters).

Here BOM validity maintainance will be selected.

Regards,

Senthilkumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

To be specific to your question. Now yo can't change this value of this field as it's created once.

As Senthil mentioned the configuration of the BOM Validity maintenance is correct. In addition to it I would like to share some more info about it, if you are already using the ECM for BOM then you can't activate it now. This is in control data for BOM generally these config you need to do initially once you do implementation.

If you are going to activate the BOM validity date maintenance, then you can specify the you can specify a valid from date when maintaining the BOM.

If this field is not is not activated, BOMs are created as of the current date or the system low date i.e. 1/1/1990.

Hope this will help you to understand this config in detail.

Rewards,

Nabin

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is system defined SY-DATM which is default from system, it can be changed. If you are using ECM, thiod date is decided by ECM header date.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes but if you haven't activated the config then I believe you can't change the date once you have created it. If ECM is activated means you need to activate the config mentioned by Senthil, then via ECN you can always modify the validity date.

Regrads,

Nabin

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes, you need to cativate in img to get the date. Or it will go ahead with the LOW date concept of SAP. but in the theard he asked about the date 04.01.2008...it cannot be low date, hence my explanation.