cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V_T588MFPROPS impacts on ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Usually it is enough making the field properties changes in V_T588MFPROPC, but sometimes a generel change would be nice...especially configurering 150 countries!!

I was wondering if anybody knows exactly which impacts / consequences it has on other areas than the portal, if we make changes to V_T588MFPROPS?

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sagarjoshi
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Any changes in V_T588MFPROS affects the business logic validation and this is not specific to ESS. As of now the new infotype framework is used by ESS, HCM P&F framework and newly delivered WD ABAP based UI for HR Administrator role in HR Renewal 1.0

Please check my blog to understand the layering concept of PA and ESS frameworks

http://scn.sap.com/community/erp/hcm/employee-self-service/blog/2012/06/13/summary-of-configuration-...

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The infotypes in the backend system also read from these tables but you probably already know that. I guess that the biggest problem with doing your customizing in V_T588MFPROPS is that it could be overwritten again during an upgrade? And the problem with returning to SAP standard if necessary.

Br Jan