cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Crystal Report template as a "Query Print Layout"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Using 8.82 PL:06

I created a user query in SAP B1. There is a template section in the menu path Tools -> Queries -> Query Print Layout... -> Templates.

Is there any way to have a formatted Crystal Report as a default template here so that the query results could appear in a well formatted Crystal template instead of the not very well formatted User report?

Thanks,

Ajay Audich

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ajay,

Query Print Layout is independent with Crystal Report. There is no way to have a formatted Crystal Report as a default template here.

Thanks,

Gordon

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

KennedyT21
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Ajay...

There is no way to formatted crystal report as the default template using the query print layout...

Regards

Kennedy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ajay,

It can be done

Step 1. Administration->setup->general->reports and layout manager.

Step 2. Click on Import button in the right bottom corner of the window.

Step 3. Click browse button and choose your crystal report file.

Step 4. Click on layout and choose on which document type does that layout has to work.

Step 5. Click Finish.

Whenever you open a window and tries to print it or save it in pdf format you can view it in a well formatted Crystal template instead of the not very well formatted User report.

Regards

Karthik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Karthik,

Thanks for your reply but it does not seem to help and have few
questions:

1. Which type do you suggest I save the Crystal Report? It is a query for list of Chart of Accounts, so I placed it in ACT1 to try your suggestion.

2. I opened my query on Tools -> Queries -> User Queries and I really want to see my Crystal Report template when I click either the Print button or the Excel button. By the way, the PDF button is greyed out at this point.

3. I have tried, but I do not think there is an option to see a Crystal template or any other format except the standard format when we click File -> Preview -> Table radio button -> OK

4. Perhaps the only way would be to use this query in Crystal directly and save the Crystal Report as a "Report" instead of invoking the query as Tools -> Queries -> User Queries.

5. Another way is possibly to take the path of Tools -> Queries -> Query Print Layout…  -> Reports
Tab -> double click your query name -> modify the report for better formatting and save it with the same name. Then take the path of Tools -> Queries -> Query Print Layout…  -> Reports
Tab -> SINGLE click your report name -> with that window open, single click on Print Preview icon on toolbar.

If anyone has any other suggestions other than 4 and 5 above, please let me know.

Thanks,

Ajay Audich