cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User status for maintenance order can be changed via IW38 mass change for Business closed orders.

A user status cannot be changed for a maintenance order via the IW32 transaction when this order has the system status closed (CLSD). When performing a change of user status via the mass change functionality of the IW38 transaction, the change is done, even when the maintenance order is closed, with status CLSD.

Is this not a contradiction between the two ways of working ? Normally, when the status of an order is CLSD, it should not allow any modification via a mass change processing.

Thank You in advance for your answer.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nadine,

Interesting find. I agree. Allowing User Status changes via mass change when Order is CLSD contradicts the business rules that apply when processing a single order. You may have found an unintended "feature".

TRE

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

paul_meehan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm not seeing the ability to change user status for closed order in mass change. There is a error indicating that status does not allow change.

Can you check again.

-Paul

0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

It appears that the issue comes from the OSS note "2614635 - No mass change for user status of closed orders".

The fact of not being able to change the user status of maintenance orders through mass maintenance via IW38 is modified via this note.

This note 2614635 appears to be a prerequisite for note 2629853, which we need in the system.

It seems then that the possibilities for modifying the user status when a maintenance order is closed are different whether you use transaction IW32 or the mass maintenance functionality via the IW38 report.

This is not an issue in our case, but it could be a problem in case of reporting needs. Would you have any recommendation for us?

Best Regards.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member556003
Participant

Hi,

Please check Maintain of system status, T-code BS22

System status is I0046 – CLSD with 'Status can only be set' flag. Some impact may be there…

0 Kudos

Hi,

Thank You for your answer. I have made the modification in the test system, but this does not change the problem.

It appears that the issue comes from the OSS note "2614635 - No mass change for user status of closed orders".

I will see if this can be removed without modifying other functionalities and corrections linked to this note.

Best Regards.

paul_meehan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Changes to status settings in BS22 is not advised

paul_meehan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I see that it is now possible to change the user status of a closed order from IW38. Normally in IW32 it is only possible to change user status for a technically completed order.

I will check further to see if this is intended.

-Paul

0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

Thank You very much for your fast confirmation.

We have made a new test in our acceptance system, and the issue is still there: we will continue looking on our side for a solution.

Best Regards.