cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User group [$CLASS] not an Org level field in IA, whereas it is in DA

Former Member
0 Kudos
632

Hi All,

We have an authorization problem that we faced while SAP Upgrade. In the development system while we upgraded all the roles, we did not face any issue. User group field [$CLASS] was actually an org level field in that system and the roles were upgraded based on that condition.

When the Integration system was up and the upgraded roles were transported to IA, we noticed that they ended with a warning. On checking the logs we found out that User group [CLASS] actually was not an Org level value in the INtegration system, whereas it was an org level field in the development system.

Can someone tell me the reason why it is different? Is there any settings we have to change to make User group an org level field in IA. Thanks a lot for your help.

Vijith

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, I ran into this also and found these notes to explain why this is suddenly an org value and how to fix it:

http://search.sap.com/notes?id=0001580048

http://search.sap.com/notes?id=0001739055

Basically, GRC 10 add-on makes the user group an org value and the note instructs how to undo this manually, but there is a required pre-requisite because you cannot modify this for SAP delivered fields normally.

You know what else would be nice.... maybe there's a note that explains why Account Type is an org value.  It REALLY should not be, IMO.

0 Kudos

Hi Vijith,

Many thanks for posting the solution too. Though I did not solve the problem yet, this gave me an eye sight to move through the solution.

Not all of the users post the answers, once they get the solution.

Thanks.

Srinivasan K

srinivasank77-at-gmail.com

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I found the solution to this problem and thought of updating here in case if you come across the same issue too.

For setting a field as an org level, I ran the report PFCG_ORGFIELD_CREATE in the Integration system. First do a test run to see the roles affected. Then executed for real and it showed me all the roles affected and the org level field was set. I went into the roles and saw that they were not generated.

Now I had the TR that was created during the Upgrade after the SU25 steps and some fixes done after that. I imported it to IA again and 'TADA!!!', the problem solved.

Vijith