cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User defined fields in Coding block (OXK3) process terminatied..how to resume the process?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

We added an additional field using the transaction OXK3 - Maintain user defined coding block fields (basic mode) .  Dialog process related to OXK3 got terminated due to an error ORA-00257.

Database error 257 at CON

> ORA-00257: archiver error. Connect internal only, until free

Now system is showing the dump "DDIC_TYPELENG_INCONSISTENT" for many transactions, as the structure CI_COBL is in "Partially active" Status.  Since steps after adding field in CI_COBL was not executed due to the above problem, there is an inconsistency in the tables/structures related to CI_COBL & process  OXK3.

Is there any way, I can re-start OXK3 from where the process got terminated ? Will steps in OXK3-expert mode will be helpful ?

Thanks & Regards,

Vinod

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

raymond_giuseppi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raymond,

Thanks a lot for your reply.  Exactly the same solution which I was looking for. 

Meanwhile we raised a message in SAP marketplace & as suggested by them, structure CI_COBL (which was in partially active State) has been activated in order to ensure business process continuity in the system.

We will be taking a system downtime to complete the process, referring to the OSS note mentioned by you.

Regards, Vinod

raymond_giuseppi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I suppose you also executed a good SGEN on Existing loads / Only Generate Objects with Invalidated Load to insure not too many users will get compiling status message during the day

Regards,

Raymond

Former Member
0 Kudos

Raymond,

Thanks for reminding.  This time I missed this step because, primary objective was to re-store the system to normal state in order to enable business continuity.

Again, thanks for your  immediate response.

Regards, Vinod

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

Pls i think check vendor account group that is field required?

Regards

prasad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prasad,

Issue is not regarding usage of the additional field.  Since OXK3 process got terminated in between, there is an inconsistency in dictionary objects.  OXK3 involves additional steps other than changing the structure CI_COBL, only activating the structure CI_COBL may not work.

Is there any way where I can re-start OXK3 process, from the point it got terminated ?

Regards, Vinod

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

you will contact abap and basic guy.

Regards

prasad