cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use of Domestic Vendor Code in Service PO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear MM Experts,

I have one issue regarding use of domestic vendor code in service PO. Can we use domestic vendor code in service PO?

If yes then how and what are the required settings to do that?

Below are the current settings into the system-

Schema Group vendor is different for Domestic Material Vendor and Domestic Service Vendor. Number ranges are also different.

Pricing procedure is separate for Domestic and Service PO.

There is one Purchasing Organisation.

Kindly tell how can we use it?

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

BijayKumarBarik
Active Contributor

Hi,

No need to have different Schema Group Vendor for Single/Same vendor ie.....ONE Schema Group vendor   for Domestic Material Vendor and another Schema Group vendor  for Domestic Service Vendor.

You can have only one vendor code(vendor number) for your logical vendor.Also no need to have different Pricing procedure for Domestic purchase for Material and Service for same vendor.
You can have only ONE Pricing procedure for Domestic purchase for material as well service

You can use ONLY ONE Pricing procedure, ONE schema group of vendor for ALL Domestic purchase and assign ONE schema group of vendor to your Domestic vendor master.

But you should use two condition type iee..one for condition type for material and another condition type for service.Now keep both condition types for material and service( keep routine is 11 in Requirement) in ONE Pricing procedure as following:

Count--Cond.Type--CondType Description--From-TO--Subtotal---Requirement--CalTy--BasTy--Acc--Ac
10-----PB00-------Gross Price-Material-----------------------------9------------------------------------------
20-----ZSER-------Gross Price-Service------------------------------9--------------11------------------------------

Now create separate Purchase Orders for each, one for material and another for service and see how both condition types behaves for one single vendor master for Domestic purchase!

Regards,

Biju K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot..........it has solved my query.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot for your valuable replies and time. I have got answer and logic for my question. Points have been awarded.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear MM Expert,

What should we do when one vendor is manufacturer as well as service provider in this case?

Kindly throw light on this since this is the requirement of the client and that is the reason they want to use domestic vendor code in service PO.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Domestic vendor we can use. Ur issue is u have different pricing for same vendor.

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you have different prising procedure for domestic and services, then there is an issue in using this vendor untill you change schema grp in vendormaster. Every time when you create a Po against this vendor , prising procedure used will be based on this schema.

If this is one off scenario, then dont change any config for this. Try convening user the possible implications.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Actually, in client's system there are some vendors who are manufacturers as well as service providers. So they don't want to create new vendor code since it will create two vendor code for one vendor.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Its simple. If you have different prising for domestic and services, you need to have the logic for picking the prising. That you have in place. Schema grp will determine the pricing. There are system limitations, what we think functionally is not possible sometimes in the system.

The only option i could see if you can accommodate services prising in Domestic one, your issue wil be resolved automatically. Why you have prising for services.What is special in it?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I agree with you and have suggested the same to client. However, I came to know from many other people that it is possible and some of the systems are using domestic vendor code in service PO.

I would like to know how can we do that and what settings we will have to do in that regard.