cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use of Constants in Report Painter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I am designing a report in Report Painter. For this, I need to introduce a line with constant value in every column. I need this value to be subsequently used in formulae.

Is this possible. What is the use of a 'Constant'. I created a Constant, but am not able to bring it in the report.

Please help. Full points would be awarded..

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is highly impossible to bring in constant in the report painter. Can you describe with an example about your requirement? It may help us to support you.

Regards,

Ashok Singh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for responding....

Say for instance, I have working capital facility with my bankers and there are limits prescribed by the bank.

I want to insert these limits in one of the rows in my report.

I can bring in actual usage based on the GL accounts. I need to compare these.

Would that be possible without bringing in Constants?

Please revert back

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You can add a colmumn wih element type Formula, where you in you can define the constant.

For example, if you want a vaule of 10, just enter 10 in the formula and save the column.

Have you tried this way.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Kash,

I tried that, but it gives an error "Formula is incomplete -> Complete formula".

How do we tackle that?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I could able to create a formula column by just entering 10.

Also try 5 + 5 instead of 10.

If still not working, please tell me which t.code and which library are using.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Kash,

Its a report created in T Code TRM5 ... related to Cash Management.

Can you please let me know which transaction code you tried, coz.. the basis would be the same, if i am correct..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I tried in Report painter report (GRR2), whereas you are trying to change a Report painter form.

There are slight differences in using formula editor between these two.

Coming to your problem, you cannot define aconstant/variable alone in the formula editor. Hence But I can suggest a workaround like this.

Say if you want to add a defined constant in a new column, enter the same alongwith a key figure.

For example, if you have a key figure called X001 and constant defined as CON1, then write your formulae as below:

X001 * 0 + CON1.

In the above example, the effect will be good as using a constant alone, since any number multiplied by zero will become zero and will not impact the value of the column.

I hope you will able to proceed through.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kash,

Thanks for your reply..

Can you elaborate bit further. You mean to say I should create a Constant with some value.

Thereafter how should I bring that in the form. But, How do I enter the Constant in the Formula... There is no key for entering any text in the formula.. there are only ID (the values which we bring in the form and which can be selected for the formula) and numbers which can be entered.

So how do I enter the name of the Constant?

I tried just keying in the name of the Constant, and I could check the formula also, However, while saving the form, I am getting an error,

Element WCaplimit Bis letztem ATag bis &$BISD is not defined correctly -> check definition

Message no. KH206

Diagnosis

In element WCaplimit Bis letztem ATag bis &$BISD the system adds quantities and values or different currencies.

Can you please revert back with step by step solution?

Appreciate your prompt reply.... Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

After your reply, I also got a similar error while saving the form.

But i tried this and could able to save the form without any error.

( X001 / X001 ) - 1 + CON1.

Plase give it a try and let me know the feedback.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Kash,

There is really no real difference between the solution provided by now and the one in first place..

But, it has worked.. strange.. not sure why system behaves in such fashion at times.

Thanks. Full points assigned

Answers (0)