cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Usage of material variants in automotive industry

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I want to understand the usage of material variants in an automotive industry (car or two-wheeler). Please provide the config settings required and also the usage of super BOM & Routing (if required) with the complete flow. I would prefer if someone can share the scenarios in a two-wheeler industry.

Thanks in advance.

Sameer

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Material variant means, the end product will be different, but most of the components were same, any one or two components may change or its quality may vary or there may be some colour changes.

Example: Different colours of the car or bike can say as different variants, because different colour painting process may vary and the cost also may vary.

Like cars coming with different variants like LX, LXI & VXI. There will be some extra features in these variants, but the base model will be same, by adding some special components we can create as a entirely new product.

For this we need to create a Super BOM & Super routings. Then need to define the dependencies, based on the characteristics value the component and its operations will be picked up.

Regards,

V. Suresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suresh,

Thanks for your answer.

1)We have about 9 characteristics. If we need to create material variants, around 200 material variants will be required to be created. Is that the best option?

2)If we select the first characteristic value, we want only those remaining chararacteristics to be available for selection which are related to the first characteristic. Likewise, we want to have control over the selection of each characteristic, till all the characteristic value selections are made in the sales order. Is it possible that a pop-up comes with the available characteristic options for that combination/s.

3)Can we make a super BOM for items selection? How can I control the selections from the super BOM? Can it be done via Object Dependencies? Routings are same for all the options.

Thanks in advance.

Sameer