cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Urgent-->MRP Groups for Planning

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I want to to utilize reorder point for planning by using MRP type VB and currently the material has MRP type PV. Is it possible to use VB without changing the the current MRP type. Is there anyway. I was exploring the config and found MRP groups. Is it possible by maintaing MRP groups for that particular MRP area.

Please advise.

Sruthi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is possible to have one more MRP type for a material without changing PD type in the material master.

Create a MRP area, when you assign in material master, system ask you MRP type. Input VB and enter reorder level.

Run MRP for MRP area. System plan according to VB.

Reward points and close the thread.

Regards,

Dharma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dharma,

Thanks a lot for your reply.

I tried as you suggested...and the system is picking the MRP run mentioned in the MRP group. However, it is not creating any PREQ's and showing the reorder point as 0. I entererd re order point as 4.

Please advise

Thanks

Sruthi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is no way to have more than one MRP type for any material.

Regards

Amit parkhi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try with MRP area. While creating MRP area there is a option for giving input of MRP type, MRP group,Lot size.

While assigning MRP area to Material master you will get this option.

With MRP group assigning different MRP type is not possible.

Regards,

Dharma

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

there is no way to link MRP type with MRP group, are two paramenter used for diferent purposes.

MRP type define the way/method you want to run planning for your material, and the MRP groups containg some data that will be default on each material each time you choose this on the material creation...like strategy group, safety stock and other... AND MRP Type is not somethign can be included there...

JC