what are the steps to upload PO by using BAPI Or Standard batch/direct input in LSMW.
Edited by: Muhammad Ali on Mar 25, 2010 2:30 PM
Please follow the below procedure fro LSMW to upload POs:
Step-by-Step Guide for using BAPI in LSMW
(Note! The screen prints in this article are from ECC 5.0. They may differ slightly in other versions).
This document details the usage of BAPI in LSMW. We have used the example of migration of the purchase order data into SAP.
It is assumed that the reader of this article has the minimum knowledge required on the Business Object, BAPI, Message Types and IDoc Types.
Details of the BAPI used in this scenario:
Business Object: BUS2012
Details of Message Type and Basic IDoc Type:
Message Type: PORDCR
Basic IDoc Type: PORDCR02
Letu2019s have a look at the BAPI first, before proceeding to the LSMW:
1. Go to Transaction BAPI
2. Click on Search Button
3. Enter the value u201CBUS2012u201D and select u201CObj.type(Technical Object Name)u201D
4. Press ENTER
5. Following screen appears:
6. On the left side of the screen, Expand the u201CPurchaseOrderu201D.
7. Select u201CPurchaseOrderu201D and double-click on the same for details.
Building LSMW using BAPI:
1. Go to Transaction LSMW.
2. Enter the Project, Subproject and Object information and click on CREATE.
3. Enter the descriptions for Project, Subproject and Object as prompted.
4. Now select Settings à IDoc Inbound Processing
5. u201CIDoc Inbound Processingu201D screen appears. Enter the required details as shown below:
6. Click on u201CActivate IDoc Inbound Processingu201D.
7. Click on u201CYesu201D when prompted for u201CActivate IDoc Inbound?u201D
8. Hit on u201CBacku201D to return to the main screen.
9. Click on Continue (F8). Following Screen appears:
10. Select the Step 1 u201CMaintain Object Attributesu201D and select u201CExecuteu201D.
11. Select the radio button u201CBusiness Object Methodu201D and enter the following details:
Business Object: BUS2012
12. Save and click on BACK button. Following information message is displayed.
13. Now select step 2 u201CMaintain Source Structuresu201D and click u201CExecuteu201D.
14. In this step, we need to maintain the source structure. In our example, lets consider the example of a file with 2 structures Head and Item data as shown below:
Click on Create and name the source structure as HEADERDATA. Now select HEADERDATA and click on u201CCreateu201D again to create the child structure. Following popup appears:
Select u201CLower Levelu201D and click on Continue. Enter the Item data structure name.
Click Save and hit BACK button to go to the main screen.
15. Select step 3 u201CMaintain Source Fieldsu201D and hit execute.
16. Enter the fields as shown below:
17. Click SAVE and return to main screen.
18. Select step 4 u201CMaintain Structure Relationsu201D and click Execute.
Select E1PORDCR and click on CREATE RelationShip. Following screen appears:
Select HEADERDATA and hit ENTER
Similarly do the same for the structure E1BPEKKOA, E1BPEKPOC and E1BPPEKET.
Click Save and return to main screen.
19. Select the step u201CMaintain Field Mapping and Conversion Rulesu201D and click on execute. Maintain the Field Mapping as seen below:
20. Select step 7 u201CMaintain Source Filesu201D and provide the link for the test file created. (Create a test file with the same structure as defined earlier).
Save and return to main screen.
21. Select the step u201CAssign Filesu201D and click on Execute.
Assign the file provided to the source structure. Here the same file is provided for both the structures.
Save and return to the main screen.
22. Select the step u201CRead Datau201D and click on Execute.
Click on Execute.
Return to the main screen.
23. Select the step u201CDisplay read datau201D and click on execute.
Click on the structure name to get the field level values.
24. Return to main screen and now select u201CConvert Datau201D.
25. Return to the main screen and select u201CDisplay Converted datau201D.
26. Return to main screen and select u201CStart IDoc generationu201D.
27. Now select the step u201CStart IDoc Processingu201D on the main screen.
28. Return to main screen and click on u201CCreate IDoc overviewu201D. Here the data record and status records of the IDoc could be viewed:
Uploading long text for Material Master 'Purchase Order Text"
Requirement: Loading the purchasing long text for the given materials.
The flat file in our example contains the long text for multiple materials. The header record contains the material information (Material Number and Text ID) and is identified by the starting character u2018Hu2019. The item records contain the long text to be uploaded for the material and the starting character u2018Iu2019 identifies the record. See the screenshot below:
Create a Project, Subproject and Object in the LSMW transaction
1. Maintain Object Attributes
Select the standard direct input method
Object - 0001
Method - 0001
2. Maintain Source Structures
Create two structures one for Header and one for Item. The item structure will be at lower level for the Header
3. Maintain Source Fields
Define the fields as per the flat file structure. In both the structures the first field must be identifier. Create the identifier field of character 1 and specify the identifying field content 'H' for header structure and 'I' for item stricture as shown below.
Here the Field LINE of item structure is char 132, so each text line from the input file must be less than or equal to the length 132.
4. Maintain Structure Relations
Assign the header source structure to the Header target structure and Item source structure to Item target structure.
5. Maintain Field Mapping and Conversion Rules
Map the source fields to the target fields
For NAME and ID map the source fields MATNR and TEXID respectively.
For OBJECT and SPRAS pass the constants. To enter a constant value for any field, place the cursor on the field and enter a value by clicking on constant button available in the application toolbar.
For TEXTFORMAT pass the constant '*' and for the TEXTLINE map the input field LINE of the ITEM structure.
Save the changes.
6. Specify Files
Place the cursor on Legacy data and click create button
Enter the input file details
Select the Radio button 'data for Multiple source structures' as we are populating the header and Item structures from the same input file
Select the delimiter 'Tabulator', if the fields in the input file are separated by tab.
7. Assign Files
Assign the input file to both the structures
8. Read Data
Execute the Read data.
10. Convert Data - Execute the convert data
12. Start Direct Input Program - Execute this step.
Result: The Long text will be updated for the given Materials
Transaction MM03, View - Purchase order text