cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upload data to planning area without infocubes

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am ABAPer. Last year consultants implemented APO. Now we have a problem and I am in, without much knowledge of SCM.

I saw captioned topic and replies by Emmanuel Nepomuceno. It resolves most of my problem, but:

Let me explain my problem:

We have a planning book (PB1) in planning area (PA1). Users are using custom ZINTRANS key figures along with many other key figures in PB1. Users have to run a program which runs two FMS BAPI_PBSRVAPS_GETDETAIL and BAPI_PBSRVAPS_CHANGEKEYFIGVAL, to load the ZINTRANS. Both the function modules need planning book (PB1). Every things works fine.

However, last week users created another planning book PB2 in another planning area PA2. I modified the above program to pass PB2 instead of PB1.

Now ZINTRANS key figures does not appear in BP2. Upon debug, I saw a message in second FM stating that ZINTRANS key figures does not exist in PA2.

My problems are (1) I never pass/refer planning area in any of the FM. How does it relates to. (2) Key figure does exist in PA2.

It's long but I have no way to explain the problem. I will really appreciate if some one can help me.

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ganu,

Let me try to shed some light.

In a Planning Area you define an MPOS (w/c gives the PA it's Charactertic InfoObjects) and Key Figures. You define a Planning Area in transaction /SAPAPO/MSDP_ADMIN.

Now, a planning book will contain a subset of the Planning Area's Charateristics and Key Figures. During the Planning book creation, you set its Planning Area and thus, the planning book<->planning area "link" is created. In the planning book setup, you also specify which characteristics and Key Figures of the Planning Area would you want to be available to the Planning Book. In essence, a Planning Book contains a proper subset of the Planning Area's Characterisitics and Key Figures. Therefore, it is possible that a Planning Area contains Key Figures which are not present in your Planning Book. <u>In your problem, it is possible that PA2 contains ZINTRANS and yet this was not "selected" in the PB2. </u> You can check it out yourself if this is the case by going to transaction /SAPAPO/SDP8B. You can enter PB2 and then check the Key Figure Tab if ZINTRANS is there. You also need to check Key Figure Tab of the data views (this is the tab after the data view tab) if ZINTRANS is also there.

If the ZINTRANS is not in the Planning Book then you have two choices:

1) modifying PB2 by adding ZINTRANS Key Figure

OR 2) creating a new PB by copying PB2 and adding the ZINTRANS Key Figure there. You can then use the new PB in the BAPIs (BAPI_PBSRVAPS_GETDETAIL and BAPI_PBSRVAPS_CHANGEKEYFIGVAL)

Whatever option you choose just make sure the Planning Book you use for BAPI_PBSRVAPS_GETDETAIL and BAPI_PBSRVAPS_CHANGEKEYFIGVAL has the ZINTRANS Key Figure.

Hope this helps. Please post again if you need some clarifications

Message was edited by: Emmanuel Nepomuceno

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Emmanuel Nepomuceno:

I will definitely give you ten points.

We are on 4.0. I do not have access to /SAPAPO/SDP8B and /SAPAPO/MSDP_ADMIN. However, I did check in sapapo/sapmmsdp, the planning book as well as planning area. Custom key figure is present in both the places. I will check once again with tcodes suggested by you with my functional buddies and post on Monday with your well deserved points.

Thank you once again.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have one more question. CIF loads all the sap given key figures from R3. These KF can be used in any planning book and/or area.

Should not the custom key figures behave more like that. Instead of those two FMs, there should be an UE in CIF process by which one can load custom key figure just like sap supplid one.

Am I on wrong track?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ganu,

CIF is used to interface master data and transaction data from R/3 to APO. It is only an interface for R/3 to APO. The BAPIs on the on the hand can be called by any system (including non-SAP) which can call SAP Remote Functions. For example, you can use the Java Connector (JCo) to call the BAPIs and upload data to the Planning Areas/Books. You can you the SAP ActiveX RFC control to call the BAPIs in any Window Application (e.g. thru Visual Basic).

I think CIF is good if the data is from R/3 SAP standard tables but if you have some other sources (e.g. flat files, custom Z-tables) then perhaps you can use the BAPIs.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The key figures are unique to planning areas. The same key figures in PA1 must be created in PA2 in order for the same transaction to work. I hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks.

ZINTRANS is present in both the areas. What is more interesting is that none of the fm need planning area information.

Any suggestion?