cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade to PL 37 - PLD issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

We recently upgraded one of our customers to Patch Level 37. After doing so, all of their customized PLD's were changed. Many had the background of the text fields changed to black so they looked blacked out on the screen while others were changed to bright pink, etc. All of the fields were moved around and some fields missing all together.

All of the default print layout designs went back to the original system defaults as well.

Did we miss a step when doing the upgrade or did we do something to cause this to happen? Has anybody else experienced this?

What would you recommend we do to correct this? Luckily, we have a copy of thier database from before the upgrade with the print layouts but Copy Express isn't the most friendly software to use or the most reliable. I've had problems with copying print layouts correctly in the past. Whenever I've tried to use Copy Express it also copies over fields in different backgrounds, fonts, etc. However, I guess it would at least get me the right fields in the right place to start from.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Amanda

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Amanda,

I would send this to SAP Support. Something definitely went wrong during the upgrade. There isn't anything you should have to do when doing the upgrade to PL37.

It might be an issue with the Patch you upgraded from, but not sure.

Regarding simply getting the Print Layouts from the old DB to the upgraded one, there is a SQL Query that can do this for you.

SAP has it attached to a note somewhere. If you log the issue with them and also request help moving Print Layouts form one DB to another, they will probably provide it to you.

This is valuable, because it allows you to create Print Layouts in a Test DB where you have actual documents, then copy them over without using Copy Express. Very handy.

If you can't get it form SAP, let me know and I'll try and track it down for you.

Hope that helps,

Brad Windecker

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you everybody for taking the time to respond to my post. I did log a message with SAP in regards to the issue and ended up having to copy the forms from the backup to the production system via Copy Express. I then had to go through and fix the coloring, etc. on the documents. It took awhile to fix the problem but at least it's fixed now.

Thank you for all of your help!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Amanda, We had very similar issues upgrading from 2004 to 2005 PL18. Font and sizes had changed. we decided to reformat the templates manually to get the upgrade in since this was the only error.

Since then we have moved to PL39 and there were no template issues. We did however have an issue with a formatted search in the detail of the orders that if not showing for the user it would not enable order entry.

thanks,

Mike

former_member187989
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

amanda,

Pl refer to Note 1001878 - Template corruption after upgrading database.

Jeyakanthan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We had issues with print layouts after upgrading to PL 37 too - namely that printing any sales document that contained a serial numbered item caused SBO to crash. SAP support has replied that this is a 'Known Issue' with PL 37 and that it will be fixed in a later patch. I heard a rumour that the fix for this is due this week but not holding my breath...

Tracey