cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade failed 8.82 PL10 to 9.1 PL04

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts, I need assistance when upgrading our database. Upon upgrade I've received this error:

I think there's a problem in table BA_MDIM2


21/03/2015  19:41:40:330277 Upg        Err          FromVersion=880229 ToVersion=910140 table=@BA_MDIM2, qurStr=UPG_UpdateOneTable() - error in GetFromTempTable() file:扏䵪牧停䝏湥㄰挮 line#2420, errString=[Microsoft][SQL Server Native Client 11.0][SQL Server]String or binary data would be truncated.

STACK:

Frame id=00: "E:\Project\Installer\SAP\SBO 9.1 PL04\Wizard\B1_Engines.dll"; base=0x59F90000, offset=0x5A28FD4C

Frame id=01: "E:\Project\Installer\SAP\SBO 9.1 PL04\Wizard\B1_Engines.dll"; base=0x59F90000, offset=0x5A2777AD

Frame id=02: "E:\Project\Installer\SAP\SBO 9.1 PL04\Wizard\B1_Engines.dll"; base=0x59F90000, offset=0x5A279DCD

Frame id=03: "E:\Project\Installer\SAP\SBO 9.1 PL04\Wizard\B1_Engines.dll"; base=0x59F90000, offset=0x5A27A1FB

Frame id=04: "E:\Project\Installer\SAP\SBO 9.1 PL04\Wizard\B1_Engines.dll"; base=0x59F90000, offset=0x5A278ED7

Frame id=05: "E:\Project\Installer\SAP\SBO 9.1 PL04\Wizard\Upgrade.exe"; base=0x01380000, offset=0x03B5617A

Frame id=06: "E:\Project\Installer\SAP\SBO 9.1 PL04\Wizard\Upgrade.exe"; base=0x01380000, offset=0x03B58619

Frame id=07: "E:\Project\Installer\SAP\SBO 9.1 PL04\Wizard\Upgrade.exe"; base=0x01380000, offset=0x03B5D7F0

Frame id=08: "E:\Project\Installer\SAP\SBO 9.1 PL04\Wizard\Upgrade.exe"; base=0x01380000, offset=0x03B5F021

Frame id=09: "E:\Project\Installer\SAP\SBO 9.1 PL04\Wizard\Upgrade.exe"; base=0x01380000, offset=0x03B62672

Frame id=10: "E:\Project\Installer\SAP\SBO 9.1 PL04\Wizard\Upgrade.exe"; base=0x01380000, offset=0x03B62F60

Frame id=11: "E:\Project\Installer\SAP\SBO 9.1 PL04\Wizard\Upgrade.exe"; base=0x01380000, offset=0x03B63C9F

Frame id=12: "E:\Project\Installer\SAP\SBO 9.1 PL04\Wizard\Upgrade.exe"; base=0x01380000, offset=0x0431A5E4

Frame id=13: "E:\Project\Installer\SAP\SBO 9.1 PL04\Wizard\Upgrade.exe"; base=0x01380000, offset=0x04317029

Frame id=14: "E:\Project\Installer\SAP\SBO 9.1 PL04\Wizard\Upgrade.exe"; base=0x01380000, offset=0x04348FB9

Frame id=15: "C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\KERNEL32.DLL"; base=0x75A90000, offset=0x75AA7C04

Frame id=16: "C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll"; base=0x77280000, offset=0x772DB54F

Frame id=17: "C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll"; base=0x77280000, offset=0x772DB51A

Regards,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi to all, I've already upgraded the database. For the error, I've run this SQL qeury.


declare @TableID nvarchar(20);

declare @AliasId nvarchar(18);

declare @EditSize smallint;

declare @RealSize smallint;

declare @statement nvarchar(max);

declare @params nvarchar(max);

declare @affected nvarchar(max);

set @affected='Affected by scenario description in FixedAssets'

declare alfa_udfs cursor for

select TableID, AliasID, EditSize from cufd where TypeID = 'A' AND TableID like '@BA_%';

open alfa_udfs;

FETCH NEXT FROM alfa_udfs

  INTO @TableID, @AliasId, @EditSize;

 

WHILE @@FETCH_STATUS = 0

BEGIN

  IF  EXISTS (SELECT * FROM sys.tables WHERE name = @TableId)

  BEGIN

    set @RealSize = 0

    set @params = '@RealSizeOut smallint output';

    set @statement = 'select @RealSizeOut = max(len(U_' + @AliasID + ')) from [' + @TableId + '] where U_' + @AliasID +' is not null';

    EXECUTE sp_executesql @statement, @params, @RealSizeOut = @RealSize OUTPUT;

    if @RealSize is not null

    BEGIN

       if @EditSize < @RealSize

       BEGIN

          select @TableID As TableName, 'U_' + @AliasId As UDFName, @RealSize As RealSize, @EditSize As DefinedSize,@affected As CheckThis

            --where @TableID like '@BA_%' and (@AliasId='Desc' or @AliasID = 'Name')

       END

    END

  END

  FETCH NEXT FROM alfa_udfs

    INTO @TableID, @AliasId, @EditSize;

END

CLOSE alfa_udfs;

DEALLOCATE alfa_udfs;

I've comment the WHERE clause in the loop to maximize the speed of the query. BTW, the error field is not always "DESC" and "NAME"; in my cased the field U_InvNum has problem. In the query from the SAP NOTE. It is only limited to DESC and NAME.

Regards,

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Also, I've tried the SAP Note: 1693240  but in my query; there's no result. Kindly someone help me on this.

jbrotto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Also what versions of windows are you running as 2008 is required along with SQL server 2008.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi the current database server is SQL 2005 Windows server 2003 and I'm upgrading it on SQL 2012 windows 8.1.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

How did you extract your set up?

As windows has limitation on extracting file from and folder and any drive. But If you extract your zip file direct on desktop then it extracted without any error.

Had same issue before but since then I have started pasting all zip file on desktop and extract from there and no errors.

Regards,

Chintan

jbrotto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Seems that the installer is missing files. I had this issue when unraring the file as the windows path length was too long. I unrar directly in a folder on the C drive and them I had all the files for the upgrade.

Former Member
0 Kudos

But the error is consistent in 3 work station when upgrading the database. I don't think the upgrader has missing files.