cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

updating large number of records in infotype

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am having a requirement to update a large no of records in infotype 0001(around 50 thousand),

I am currently using  HR_INFOTYPE_OPERATION to update, but while testing the program i found that it takes a large amount of time to complete the precess..
Is there any effective way to do the requirement,

any help is appreciated,

thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Deon_van_Zyl
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sachin,

Whether you choose BDC or LSWM, they both use HR_INFOTYPE_OPERATION. You need to limit the amount of records you process per batch. Rather create 10 x 5000 records than 1 50 000 batch. The batch will progressively get slower the more you process.

-Deon

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

harishtk1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

updating 50000 records will definitely take some time. What is your exact observation when you say large amount of time?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your feedback, Harish

Its about 4000 records per hour..

is there any other way to update records other than HR_INFOTYPE_OPERATION.

regards,

Sachin

harishtk1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There is BDC, there is LSMW, there is direct database update.

Direct database update is really a no no - as you lose a lot of standard validations and risk messing up the database.Dont do this.

The other two options are not likely to speed up your update speed by any extent for that many number of records. HR_INFOTYPE_OPTION is what gets called at some point even when you do a BDC or LSMW using a recording

You could just try and look at optimising the performance of your program, instead of changing the whole mechanism.

former_member185540
Active Participant
0 Kudos

hi,

Create LSMW recording and run it in the background. That will do the job.

With the FM i guess you are having to loop all the time right? Please paste the code snippet here.

Thanks,

Andy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Andy,

Yes, i am looping with personal no. and calling HR_INFOTYPE_OPERATION in each loop.

Sachin

SandySingh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sachin,

I suggest use LSMW because it supports better error log.

I would prefer following preference.

1. LSMW

2. BDC

3. HR_INFOTYPE_OPERATION

Refer Link below

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/e04f8fc8-2ef3-2d10-dc8d-eb6fd0711...

Regards

Sandy