cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updating fully depreciated assets during creation of subsequent depreciation area

jake_perry
Explorer
0 Kudos

I am subsequently adding multiple depreciation areas in SAP. The system has been live for many years with a legacy system handling the depreciation for the tax books via dual maintenance.  I have been able to bring in the new areas via AFBN without issue except for one thing.  Many of these assets are fully depreciated in Book01 in SAP but they have remaining tax life. The problem is when the asset is fully depreciated and I assign it cost or try to make a change in the depreciation area tab it automatically fully depreciates those values.

Has anyone ran into this before? What options are there to provide a solution?

To recap; Want to add tax book values to assets already live in SAP. Issue is assets already fully depreciated. Any adjustment to keys and UL on them results in a calculation but regardless it fully depreciates whatever that amount will be.

Many thanks,

Jack

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member205041
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jack,

I suppose, there are some settings somewhere, which do not allow the asset to have values.

Presumption:

1) AFAMA - Base method -Treatment of end of life: In the depreciation key: there is not "dep. after pland. life end"  allowed

2) In OADB there are wrong settings (perhaps no positive acquisition values allowed)

3) Perhaps this is constitutional area and in OADB there is rule for the derived area which is broken.

Best regards Bernhard

jake_perry
Explorer
0 Kudos

Good call on Base Method parameter.  I should have known better!

Thanks,

Jack

former_member205041
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jack,

you are welcome.

Best regards Bernhard

Answers (0)