cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

update infotype without authorisation check

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, I have a requirement to update an infotype without authorisation check. Please let me know if there is any function module I can use to do that.

Regards,

Lanwu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Go to se37 and look for the function module "AuthcDisable" [ not at my system now, cant remember too, so you may want to check first ].

Just call this function to skip authorization check, before the codes that perform updating to infotype.

HOWEVER, make sure measures are in place to keep record's integrity.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. May I know what function module you use to update the infotypes?

Regards,

Lanwu

suresh_datti
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can use HR_INFOTYPE_OPERATION to update infotype records. I don't thinkthere is afunction module to disable the auth. check.. there is one to bypass the read access check ie 'HR_READ_INFOTYPE_AUTHC_DISABLE'..

I agree with the prev reply ie you shouldn't be changing an infotype without the authorization.

~Suresh

former_member186746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

What is the functional requirement?

Because basically it's the same as granting users extended authorization, but without the authorization to execute transaction pa## (except for pa20).

This way, you prevent users from changing their own data. But when they use a program with FM hr_infotype_operations, they pass the checks.

Kind regards, Rob Dielemans