cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unplanned depreciation correction

Former Member
0 Kudos

The user has overstated the unplanned depreciation and now wants to correct it however, not sure what transact type can be used to reduce that unplanned depreciation amount.

Here is what happened

Unplanned depreciation was calculated based on an acquisition value but later there was a credit booked to the acquisition value which brought down the depreciation per month and that is reflected in the planned depreciation however, there is no change in the unplanned depreciation.

I believe it has to be done manually but, how would I do that? What is the transaction and transaction type? I see that all the unplanned and manual depreciation transaction types are defined for credit entries only. Do I need to create and custom transaction type or there is one available.

Your help is highly appreciated in this regard and will be awarded with points.

Thanks,

Kumar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You either need to reverse the wrong entry, or wait for time to sort it out.

Once you have post dep, you cant make a negative posting.

You could create a new GL account and post a debit value to that manually, and then add value back to the asset, but there is no point in doing that.

You wont be able to post a debit directly to the asset recon account.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

Is it possible to use custom transaction type which accepts debit entry to the unplanned depreciation? I mean creating a transaction type which has account assignment as debit posting but still has consolidation transaction as “220” (Depreciation) and using that in ABAA transaction to post a debit amount to the asset and which should reduce the already credited unplanned depreciation. I am sure about the other implication of it so, could you please throw some light?

Thanks

Kumar

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kumar,

Use transaction ABZU, depreciation write-up, to make the correcting debit entry to accumulated deprecation. Use transaction 700 or 710 depending on if an adjusting entry will need to be made to the tax deprecation area also.

Note: Use transaction AO90 in customization to define the automatic offsetting entry for write-ups by account determinate.

Thanks,

Chad