cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Universal Worklist Subtitution Rule --> HRUS_D2 wrong data adaption?...

Lukas_Weigelt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm playing around with UWL in Portal and its substitution functionalities. I've just created a delegation rule and set it active. I then created a leave request to have a work item in the UWL. When I logged onto my substitutor and checked whether he can seee the respective workitem; as a matter of fact, he can't. Thus I took a look at table HRUS_D2 to see whether the entries found their way into the backend. There is a record set, but it is incomplete!

The fields REPPR and ACTIVE are both blank, which shouldn't be, they should be set to 'ALL' and 'X'. It doesn't matter either how much I change and play around with the subtitutor rule, activating it, deactivating it, reactivating it, changing the type of subtitution. It has no effect. The fields REPPR and ACTIVE are always blank.

Am I missing something? Is this a bug? Are there any SAP-Notes available concerning this strange behaviour? Did anybody face a similar issue?

best regards,

Lukas

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

The person substituted should log on to UWL and accept the subsitution too

Or you can activate via your UWL>

REPPR > is the profile you select in UWL or SBWP.

Lukas_Weigelt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The Rule IS activated in UWL of original approver.

The Substitutor HAS accepted the substitution rule of the original approver in his UWL.

I know REPPR is the profile, at the moment we only have "disciplinary", "functional" or "all". And I chose 'all'.

Nevertheless, both fields REPPR and ACTIVE remain blank in backend in table HRUS_D2

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

can you do the same steps in SBWP and see the behavior, You need to check the customisaiton how the profile ALL is mapped

Lukas_Weigelt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I did the same in Business Workplace as you suggested and when doing it there, it works!

HRUS_D2 now shows 'ALL' and 'X'.

I then took a look at portal again and displayed the subtitution rules. It looks identical to when I created the substitution via Portal UWL...

It appears data gets lost or rather doesn't reach hrus_d2 when creating substitutor rules in UWL. Could the Configuration XML be corrupted?..

'ALL' is mapped to 1, 2, 3 and NO_CLASS in Customizing (as it should be in my opinion) and this is standard (identical with client 000).

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Lukas_Weigelt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The issue doesn't occur anymore lately... although I haven't done anything else -_-

SAP is spooky. Cheers.

Former Member
0 Kudos
The issue doesn't occur anymore lately... although I haven't done anything else -_-

SAP is spooky. Cheers.

nope cant accept that mate :-)... sap is logical at best and spooky at its worst...

coming back to the problem you had:

is there a possibility that it was a 'cache' issue? or if you are on ehp5, its could be a shared-memry issue? the reason i ask is I have had (quite) a bit of a heart burn dealing with these cache issues until ehp4 in general,.. and early last year with the shared memory thingy in ehp5,..

cheers

Lukas_Weigelt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I don't dare precluding anything from what caused this anymore, seriously... If you go through the thread you can see what I all did, additionally I cleared Portal db cache, runtime cache, restarted the server, cleared ICM cache... nothing worked...

And all of a sudden it's like there never was a problem to begin with. I am on EHP4 so I guess it wasn't a shared memory issue.

Cheers, Lukas

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

yes its possible XML is corrupted you can redeploy UWLJWF and check the behavior again

Lukas_Weigelt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Redeployed UWLJWF, but the behaviour has not changed.... any other ideas?