Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unit of measurement

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi all!

I do have another scenario.

I am going to purchase a material like rod (used for construction).. Its dia is same.but may vary in length. While raising a PO, i have raised for 10m. While receving it from the vendor i hv receved as below in partial deliveries,

1st delivery for 5m, then second delivery for 3m and the third delivery for 2m for the same PO

Now latter on when i check the Inventory of the materail system should show as below..

5m - 1 EA,

3m - 1 EA,

2m - 1 EA.

How to map this scenario in SAP.

Yuvi.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

i will map it via charac. and class rather then making use of the length as unit

because lenght is the attribute of that material and which is varying

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul!

Thk u again.

But its ok if we receive in standard length variants like 5m, 3m, 2m.. The thing is length is continously varying each time.. We need to group the same lengths together so that it will be easy while issuing for production line.

Pls advice,

Yuvi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

In Real time Scenario the Steel rods will be procured in Tons/Kgs only.... not in meters

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is standard scenario only. Make UoM as length and procure partially. System will allow

Regards

former_member202528
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Yuvi,

Best suit for ur scenriois to maintain the alternate unit of measure, by nmiantaining conversion factor for length and mass(in KGs).

BR,

Krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yuvi,

You can map like this scenario,

as every time you will get the different length material not atleast uniform length bars but later in inventory you considered as each, so it is better to Procure the material in Mass like KGs/TONs which is easy for procurement also.

You can order in Meters by maintaining the conversion unit in Purchase order as 5m -

50kg like that. Order the material in Kgs

while receiving the system will update in meters at the stocks

So in the stock display you will get 5m + 3m + 2m when ever you check in stores total 10M

rgds

Chidanand

Former Member
0 Kudos

I believe it can be done with the help of serial number profiles.

Just check.

Regards