Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Undelivered POs via Fax

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have an issue. please help me.

There are POs which are being undelivered via fax to the vendor. If i see in my SAP system it shows green lite but is not delivered at their side.

Regards,

Sheral

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

the green light next to the message in the PO just means that the message was succesfully created and transmitted to the fax server. It does not say anything about the status of the fax, for this you have to check in SOST.

It is like in real life, you write a letter, then you go to the post office and drop the letter. now you have the green light.

But it does not tell if the the letter is on the way to the recipient or even got handed over to the receipient.

This is a different service.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jurgen,

Do you mean it is to be taken care by some basis team due to network issues???

because from our side we have already sent the document...

I appreciate your help in advance

Regards,

Sheral

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

depends who is responsible for fax monitoring in your company.

SOST transaction does not differentiate between departments, user who have authority could see other users faxes, emails etc. , hence it is a critical transaction.

Usually the sender of the message gets an information in his inbox in SAP Business Workplace if a delivery fails.So any user can take care about it himself.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member197616
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check the FAX number in the vendor master whather is correct or not.

Please retransmit the PO and go to the SP01/SOST /scot and check whethr your PO is there or not .

If it is not there check your output type driver program at NAST/SE38 and check whather configured for fax.

Regards,

former_member221541
Contributor
0 Kudos

where do you see green light? are you looking at gree light in message tab of the PO and does that message output record has medium 2 (FAX ) ? If answer is Yes, can you tell us what is shown when you select this record and click on processing log? also check what fax details are captured by clicking on "communication methid" tab

yogesh