cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to upgrade database

Former Member
0 Kudos

Every time I try to upgrade database from 9.1 PL10 to 9.2 PL03 setup crushes and database remains in Single User Mode. What I should do?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

kothandaraman_nagarajan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please raise ticket to SAP support.

kothandaraman_nagarajan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please reattach dump file. Not in readable format.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Type of this attachment is not allowed.

Extract zip archive and change extension txt to dmp. It would work. Read it with Visual Studio.

P.S. SAP programmers and administrators didn't allow as to post their DMP. Funny.

former_member349215
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Arnes,

Try running the upgrade as Admin. Right click on the setup.exe or the upgrade.exe (whatever  B1 installation you're running) and run as administrator.

Also, SAP has Referred you to SAP Note 1989457. Check out the contents of the Note here:

https://launchpad.support.sap.com/#/notes/1989457

Kind Regards,

Pascale

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Experience with SAP B1 taught me that always run as administrator. Really had problems with privileges too often.

Also, that SAP Note didn't help me. Tried everything mentioned there...

I have to mention that upgrade of demo database SBODEMOUS went well without error. The problem persist with my databases.

Thanks.

former_member349215
Participant
0 Kudos

Arnes,

Does you database contain any addon? You could try disabling any addon before back up and then upgrade the database with the disabled addon

Kind Regards,

Pascale

Former Member
0 Kudos

Pascale,

your last solution unfortunately didn't help. Meanwhile, I enabled creation of dump file so please find it attached (change extension to dmp).

Regards,

Arnes

former_member349215
Participant
0 Kudos

Arnes,

Unfortunately I don't understand the dump file. At this point if the SAP Note was not of any help, you may have to contact SAP Support via incident creation. You will give them log files and dump files together with the DBs with issues.

Regards,

Pascale

julie_jamieson2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Try checking the upgrade log files to see if they give you any information