cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to release service entry sheet based on profit center

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

My requirement is that service entry sheet should be released based on the project.

But since there is no project field in CESSR table,so I want to use the profit center field for that.

But when I created a characteristic for profit center and assigned it to class,the release strategy didn't work.

Please suggest how to proceed with this requirement.

Regards,

Nidhi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

ajitkumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

the field  PRCTR is of char data type with length 10. is your profit center of 10 digits? if not try by filling with 0.. like if the profit center is 1234  try 0000001234

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ajit,

I have already checked this field.

When I created a characteristic for PRCTR and assigned it to release class,the release strategy didn't trigger.But when I removed this field it worked correctly.

What I think is- since profit center field is not directly coming in service entry sheet,this field is not fulfilling the purpose.

I am assuming that system will first look for my WBS element and then check its corresponding profit center .

But somehow this is not correct.

Please suggest if there is any way of doing this.

Will appreciate your response.

Regards.

Nidhi A

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Biju,

Thanks for your reply.

But my requirement is that release should be triggered based on the project.

I created one service PO with project and the WBS element is linked to the profit center.

Now I want that release should be triggered based on the profit center field(whcih is related to the wbs element)

but when I configured this in the system,release didn't work.

Please suggest how I can use this USRC1 field as my profit center.

What all settings are required in the system

Regards,

Nidhi A

BijayKumarBarik
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

With my above answer, keep as base and talk to intelligent ABAPer, prepare FS and easily can map your requirement with any account assignment category P or K or C( if requires go for ZTABLE creation for few data maintenance, trigger data from ztable).But do not go for Profit Centre concept.

Regards,

Biju K

BijayKumarBarik
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Do not go for profit center as release characteristics,1st understand what is profit center and plant to your organisation!

Even you do project its under finace deprtment control! Go for concept where SES release work for all account assignment catagory!!!!

Go for following concept:-

You can have purchasing group (in t.code:OME4) as department for different departments

(like F01- Finance department, P01-Purchasing department, H01- HR departmentand H01- Production) and link cost center to department (KS02).Use user exit for service entry sheet release and can have two characteristics for service entry sheet release, one is for SES value (CESSR- LWERT) and another one for department (CESSR-USRC1).Have one release class for service entry sheet release & then add value characteristics (CESSR- LWERT) and department characteristics (CESSR-USRC1). Now you can design release strategies for service entry sheet(SES) based on department & value, so that SES will created for project or any cost center and then will be released by approvers with release code based on department & value assigned to---

More on refer linkS:

http://scn.sap.com/thread/1487059

http://scn.sap.com/thread/1939157

Regards,

Biju K

JasonLax
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

This thread is currently in SCN Support, which is the support space for SAP Community Network and not SAP products.  Please select an appropriate space where topic experts will see and reply to it: SCN Site Index

I'm going to move it to