cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to insert object at Sub-level while creating TM PCR.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am relatively new to PCR's and I am facing the below problem while writing the time management PCR in Tree format:

When I insert the operation VARSTFREE am unable to create nodes at a sub level. If I select the field VARSTFREE and click on create or press Ctrl + F3, I do not get any pop up and a new field is created at the same level as that of the field VARSTFREE. I tried with other operations as well and the result is the same.

On referring to the below post, I edited my PCR in table format and after entering "D" in rule type I was able to get two sub nodes.

However, now if I try to use another operation like VARSTDAYTY, the system again creates the node at the same level and not at a sublevel.

I don't want to go back to table view again and again to fix this. Can anyone tell me what might be causing this? I am on ECC 6.0 and any help in this regard will be highly appreciated.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Even i am facing the problem,

ZA32 Quota generation at beginning of time evaluation period

HRS=BCURDY                set

HRS?01                            Decision op.    HRS

I am unable to get sub node to enter operations such as '=', '>'

instead i am getting same level node , when i enter '='......it says error as '=' is not a valid operation

i tried the trouble shoots which mentioned in the thread

Kindly help.

Sanky
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Manju,

It's a closed thread.

Open your new thread.

Regards,

Sankarsan

Former Member
0 Kudos

At what level are you putting your operation VARSTFREE?

If you are putting it as the fourth or fifth level node in your tree - you may get an error message saying "Variable argument may only be 8 characters long".

If you receive this message, you cannot put any more decision operations into this PCR. Branch off into a new PCR by using the 'GCY nnnn' or 'PCY nnnn' operations and, in the new PCR, put in your further operations.

Former Member
0 Kudos

It's at the first level just below the Tme Type. I am quite sure this is a system specific problem as on the other server I am able to use this operation without any problem. Surprisingly, it works fine in Table view and not in Tree format.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Weird.

Anyway, maintain it in tree mode in your other system. Then view it in table mode there. Then do a CTRL+Y copy of the entries in table mode and paste it into the table mode in your original system.

Sujith_EM
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Make sure you gave the attributes correctly , it might be because of attributes instead of program class T it may be with program class C

If it is Time PCR , Program class must be T and Country grouping must be *

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sujith,

I have cross checked. The Program class is "T" and Country grouping is "*". Additionally, I also created a copy of the standard PCR TE20 and when I try to make changes in it the problem still persists.

Any other ideas or suggestions? I am really stuck with this.

Sujith_EM
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

will you please provide a screen shot of it ....

please check my business card

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have mailed you the relevant snapshots. Pl let me know if you need any further info.