cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to do Back posting

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi.,

The ABp indicator in OMSY is flagged for Backposting.

But i am still unable to do backposting to previous month.

I get message - Period 0x/0007 is not open for posting.

The FI Yr, MM yr and Factory calendar are matching.

Can anyone update me as to where i am missing to review?

Thanks and Much appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

An example

If your current period is 04/2007 you can post to 03 or 04 / 2007 as long as the settings in MMRV allow postings to the previous period. You cannot post to any other periods than the current and current minus one.

If it is not allowing it then the setting to allow backposting has not been flagged as on (In MMRV and by company code).

So if you are convinced that the setting in MMRV is as follows

allow posting to prev period - flagged as ON

Disallow backposting generally - flagged as off (if this is flagged as on every time you move on a period the old one is blocked automatically)

And this is definitely for the company code being used, then you have a problem that I have not ever heard of. (as long as the error message states exactly what you said). If the message is different then it could just be that the GL accounts are not open (not the stock period)

Steve B

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Stephen.,

The situation is as i described in my question.

I am also not sure why this error is generated though the ABp has been flagged using OMSY T-code for that company code. I have double checked that the last period has been closed and current period is open in Production.

How different is OMSY T-code ABp being flagged for the Company code to MMRV T-code.

Is there a situation that ABp is flagged in OMSY for the company code, but has not been flagged in MMRV T-code.

I am not sure that such a situation can arise, but wanted to clarify.

Thanks for your response.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When postings have been made you cannot use OMSY any longer to change the flags, so you have to use MMRV. (but the flags displayed in OMSY should be the same as in MMRV, check to make sure).

Can you paste the exact wording of the error message because it could be that the GLs are not open for the previous period, it might not be the stock period that is the problem.

Steve B

Former Member
0 Kudos

Stephen.,

I have checked in the test client w.r.t OMSY and MMRV. Changes made in either of the T-codes, gets updated in both of them. As far as OMSY, yes, if the Company Code is Productive, changes will not be accepted.

Error Message " Period 0x/2007 is not open for posting

Is there a T-code by which i could check if the GL accounts are open for the previous period or not n FI?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

try SPRO > Financial Accounting > Financial Accounting global settings > Document > Posting periods > Open and close posting periods.

Check for all account types for the variant

Steve B

Former Member
0 Kudos

Stephen.,

I think you are right w.r.t to FI posting period.

The exact error message generated is as follows:

" Period 00x/200x is not open for account type M and G/L 125000"

So it should mean that the GL account 125000 has been closed for previous period.

Now, my question is that , like in MM - once you have initialized a C-code , you cannot change in OMSY, but in MMRV.

Are there any restriction in FI with regarding to making changes in the Posting period once the company code goes Productive?

Thanks and much appreciated for your responses.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The table that holds the valid period for the GL accounts is definitely the one that is giving you the problem, but you MUST check with your finance people first before attempting to change this. It really is an FI responsibility.

having said this the table is not as restrictive as MMPV MMRV and OMSY and so they can change it quite easily but THEY should change it (that way you cdon't get blamed for causing them problems) just tell them to open the GLs for the current period and quote the transaction number. It should not be new to them, they would normally do this every period.

Steve B

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Stephen.,

Thanks for the feedback.

Company policy is not to open Back periods in FI so eventhough the ABp is flagged in MM, it does not serve the purpose.

Customer has got inventory documents which are relating to 2006 , 2005 and some for earlier periods which have the Indicator X and A.

<u><b>Scenario :</b></u>

1. PID Not counted

2. PID Partially counted but not posted.

3. All items in PID , Counted but not posted

Customer does not want to open the previous periods thru MMPI.

As fas as back posting, its enabled for MM but not in FI , which BTW is the company policy not to open previous periods, even for a month.

In the given scenario above ,how to bring the Inventory of previous stock into account?

1. Can we delete the PID given the above scenarios?

2. Can we do an Accounting adjustment , in which case how will the PI books adjust?

3. Material consists of Serialized Material as well as Batch Managed Material?

THanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If the PIDs are dated in historical periods then you need to flag them as deleted (MI02) and create new ones (If you want to correct the stock).

It should be part of your year end processes to try to ensure that all stock counts have been completed before the financial periods are closed, if they can't be completed then change the planned count dates (if the count hasn't been posted yet) or flag them as deleted (both via MI02)

Steve B

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the update.

I would be looking at giving a suggestion that the PID's be deleted and generated afresh to bring them on-line.

Answers (0)