cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to determine consumption account

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

For our client we have a requirement to create a new plant.

Company code for the plant remains the same as being used by other plants. Hence i presume there are no changes in OBYC settings.

We have also created a new Sales Organization, item category. In schedule line , we have used account assingment category as M. The account assignment category has blank consumption posting and account modifier as VKA.

When we are creating sales order it automatically generates a PO to third party vendor . When we create for existing sales org, it picks GL account from BSX key from OBYC and posts to stock.

whereas for the new plant and sales org when we create a SO, we get an error as unable to determine consumption account.

My question is being OBYC settings same, why in this case the GL is not picked from BSX and looking for entry in GBB-VKA.

Any inputs on this will help.

Regards,

Isha Rallan.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

suma_mani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Isha,

SAP Note :- 616097

Rgds

Mani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manikumar,

Thanks for your response.

I checked the OSS note and it refers to when VKA, VAX and VAY is used.

Whereas here i am looking for when will BSX come into picture.

Because in one scneario the GL in PO created automatically out of SO is picking GL from BSX account, whereas in other case it is picking GL from GBB-VKA.. which is strange.

Any clue why this could be happening?

Regards,

Isha.

suma_mani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Isha,

As per my understanding ,GBB-VKA defined in OME9 settings. I hope that you are taking account assignment category as M ( Customer without KDCO).Go to OME9 setting & check where you can get properties of M.

Rgds

Mani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manikumar,

In OME9, i checked  we have account modifier as VKA.

But i read somewhere if my consumption posting is blank in OME9 then it picks the GL from BSX and not VKA.

As in one scneario it is working fine...for our new plant and sales org is where it is missing.

Former Member
0 Kudos

-When you receive the sales order stock through 101 movement w.r.t PO. it will hit BSX. Here you're not consuming the stock but recieving the stock and posting it as spl stock. when you check the stock it will be stored in unrestricted use under sales order stock and spl stock indicator.

-When you consume the sales order stock through 231 E, then it will hit GBB-VKA.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Correct Senthil.

We are recieving goods, and we are using movement type 101 to recieve goods. But in account assingment category it is picking GBB_VKA not BSX. Logically it should hit BSX not VKA. Here as per our process we will recieve goods - So BSX should be hit. then we will do Goods issue to another plant...and from there to customer.

So we are not consuming the goods.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Which AAC you use? E or M?

Former Member
0 Kudos

AAC we are using is M.

Former Member
0 Kudos

In general, if you use AAC M, it should hit stock account and if you use AAC E it should hit the consumption account GBB-VKA. But I just wonder how its happening in reverse in your case.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_46c/helpdata/en/97/f42c7dd435d1118b3f0060b03ca329/content.htm

Also check your settings of VOV6 and VOV5 and check what is linked to your third party item category TAS.

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

saad_nisar
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi.

Did your issue got resolved? as I'm also facing the same issue

Regards

Saad Khatib

BijayKumarBarik
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

As you created new plant,now use t.code: OMDT and check details in the new plant setting and see which account assignment category assigned to your new plant which result trigering the errors posting against your wish!

Compare old plant and new plant setting in t.code:OMDT and assign proper account assignment category for new plant and do sales order creation, create PR wrt sales order and  PO ,finally do goods receipt,check accounting entries:

NOTE:
check Schedule Line Category assigned to your item category(which is in your sales order)  in t.code: VOV5 and find setting details  for Schedule Line Category (account assignment category) in t.code: VOV6

Regards,

Biju K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bijay,

I checked OMDT and it is same for both plants. Account assignment assigned is U.

Also i check VoV5 where the plant where the error is not coming is using different item category but their schedule line category is same.

For the SO which is working fine is using following

For the one where there is issue :

So i dont see any difference, still in one GI account is picked as VAX and in our case as VKA.

Also in PO the GL is getting picked from VKA and in correct sceario it is picking from BSX.

ajitkumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

have you maintained planning strategy group in MRP 3 for the material in the new plant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ajit can you please me the signficance for that.

Actually i change the MRP group and the error not coming.

What is the significance of planning strategy group.

ajitkumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

pl go thru the help section ( performance assistant ) of SPRO for the following items

Production planning > demand management > Planned independent requirments > requirement types and requirement class. ( all sub topics under this )

Planning strategy ( all sub topics under this)

also in SD > basic functons > availability check and transfer of requirements > transfer of requirements.

( sd requirments are maintained here though it is assigned to strategy group in production )

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks I will.

ajitkumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

then you check the sale order procurement tab. you can see that the customer requirement type maintained in the planning strategy is copied here.

tejyadav
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Your OBYC settings will be pulled for the new plant only when you assign "Valuation Grouping Code" to the combination of Plant, Co. Co. & CoA from T-code OMWD,

"Valuation Grouping Code" 0001 I think.

kailas_ugale
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

check OMWD setting for plant.company code and account category referce,you miss it i think

Kailas Ugale

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Kailas,

I checked all settings in OMWD are correct.