cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to add a particular material in a Physical Inventory Document.

nhgoel
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hello All,

We have a portal system for doing the inventory of plants.

Inventory document for a particular plant and storage location has been created but after creating Inventory document, a specific material X is not allowed to be added in the Inventory document.

Suppose I've 70 materials maintained under that plant and storage location but only 15 products got added when Inventory document was created.

That Specific X material was also not added.

When I try to add Product in the Inventory document from portal, I got Error Message "Material doesn't Exist. Contact Logistics Team".

Also, when I try to add product from rest 54 products which are maintained under plant but added in Inventory, I was allowed to do so giving one message that "Material will be added to list".

Please suggest what could be the reason of system not allowing that specific material.

I checked deletion flag. There is no deletion flag set. Also stock is available for that material.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Maybe the specific X Material is marked as a CC ( Cycle Count ) Material in the Material Master. In that case, system expects you to create the PI document by Transaction Code : MICN. For such materials, system will not allow you to add them manually in Tcode : MI01 since the MICN program goes back in time and checks when was the last inventory completed for the specific material.

Maybe the logic is, for all CC materials, display the customized message.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I don't believe that SAP would tell your users to contact your Logistics team with a message like you posted: "Error Message "Material doesn't Exist. Contact Logistics Team"

how could SAP know that material master maintenance is done by your logistics team?

this message would not fit our organization as we have a dedicated master data team.

Because of that I think this is a home made message and you should ask your developers what they check and that they do it probably wrong.

Have you ever tried to add this item with the regular SAP transactions from within the ERP system?

nhgoel
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Yes, I tried adding that product using standard SAP transaction and there it was successful.

And yes Message is customized one acc. to client.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

ideal conditions to convince your development team that it has to correct some coding.