cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UI: Edit box gets enabled

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I've added an extra tab (folder) to an existing form. Under the new tab is an EDIT field, that I want to have disabled, and to stay disabled.

When I add the EDIT field to the form I set it to enabled=false.

When the folder is clicked (event ITEM_PRESSED) and before_action true, the field is still disabled, but when I get ITEM_PRESSED and before_action=false, the field is enabled.

If I set the field as disabled when the folder has been clicked (ITEM_PRESSED and before_action=false)the field is disabled on the form, but if the Next Record, Last Record etc. is pressed the fields is enabled again.

How can I keep the field enabled??

I hope some of you can help.

Thanks in advance

Jesper Carstensen

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When a form changes status (like in Add/Find/Records Manipulation) it returns to its default settings.

since an EditText is - by default - an enabled Item, it returns to that status (you can use StaticText for permanent disabled field).

In case you still need to use EditText - make sure that you cover all events that will cause the form to return to its default (mainly MenuEvents).

this is done for system fields as well

Hope I helped.

Yaniv G.

SDK Support,

SAP Manage Israel.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yaniv

thanks for the input. I've solved the problem in another way. I created the EditText fields and made an eventhandler for the event ItemPressed on these fields. All I do in the eventhandler is to set BubbleEvent to false. This has almost the same effect as disabling the fields.... I can show information but the user cannot change it because SAP BO is not allowed to do anything with the fields.

Best regards

Jesper Carstensen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Does anybody know if there is other way to solve this problem.

Honestly, there must be a good reason for that SBO takes control of my fields and change this property. Now I have to add unneeded code to prevent this and my fields are now "flashing" while they go from disable to enable and disable state again. This takes a considerable time and if, like in my case, you have to fill two matrix then we are talking about a coupple of seconds that my customer has to wait each time he presses to next record button. Crearly not a good performance...

Any suggestions about how this can be solved in a better way?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

A solution for avoiding the flash in matrix (only work on user matrix, not in system matrix) is putting this before the update

oMatrix.selectionmode=ms_none

and when finished updating

oMatrix.selectionmode=ms_auto

where oMatrix is your user matrix

Regards

Salvador Biot