cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UGR and reference

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all

I am new to SAP HR so pardon my extremely basic questions. I wanted to know the exact difference between UGR and reference. When we customise a personnel action eg Hiring then what is the significance of UGR and reference. I have three conditions here:

UGR                                   Reference                         Infogroup column               Result

1.      Blank                                   99                                        99                         Successful customising

2.       40                                       99                                        40                         Unsuccessful customising

3.       40                                     Blank                                     40                         Unsuccessful customising

I tried the above stated things but got successful customising only 1st thing. Please guide

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mahwish

Brilliant Question indeed !!.. sometimes many consultants work even without knowin the very basic things and am glad that your had a query on the same

Now, UGR as know its referred as User Groups. An UGR is assigned  to users, as the name indicates is a User Group  and not triggered to a country.

There are two types of Usergroups : general User Groups and Authorization user group

General user Groups to categorize all the users in a a specific group and can be a memeber of authorization User group

Authorization User Group is related specifically for security management

Reference User group

If parameter UGR is not set in the user defaults (transaction USER), enter the reference user group that should be used for the menu layout.

When user group parameter value is empty for a user then the configuration for reference user group takes affect.

Hope this resolves your query or else feel free to touch base

Best Regards

Anil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Anil, but in the node define infogroup - column infogroup what i have to put? UGR or reference? And what about the tick box under user group dependencies and menus?

Former Member
0 Kudos

There you should not input UGR or Reference, it should be  a new Infogroup Number

Infogroup Number can e a two digit ( alphanumeric/numeric) depend on your choice of creating actions

and YES the tick box for User dependencies group to be checked in

Thanks and Regards

Anil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you anil. Thanks for the help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You are always welcome

Anil

Answers (0)