Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

U000(Control Record)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sap Guru's

Want to find out

1) Where in the Payroll Schema(U000) can we define not to take earliest retroactive accounting from control record into consideration

OR

2) Where in the scheme can we overwrite the earliest retroactive acccounting defined in control record

Regards

Roger

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Roger,

In U000 schema - go to UIN0 (US Payroll: Initialization of payroll) sub schema and de-activate - CHECK (function) ABR (Function) - u can add star in D column to deactivate schema it will miss the step of reading PA03.

Your second question you can go to T.Code PA30 and change the earliest retroactive acccounting for individual employees.

Regards

Chandrashekar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am sorry u have misunderstood my question it is the same question addressed in two different ways, now what i mean is

How or where in the Scheme can changes be made so that when we run payroll instead of taking ERA from CONTROL RECORD or IT 03 the payroll should pick it from schema i understand there is a provision but it comes under Tech or functional i am not sure, in either case i would appreciate if someone can throw light on it

Regards

Roger

0 Kudos

The control of how far back for retro to be allowed is not in the schema. It's at the payroll driver (i.e. RPCALCU0) itself. The logic is in form 'INIT' of include 'RPCINI09'.

Please note that Earliest Retro Account period set in control record is only to stop payroll from retroing further than this peiod, not to dictate payroll to retro all the way back to this period. If you want to retro to periods earlier than what's in IT0003 (and also later than the allowed retro period in control record), you can use 'force-retro account as of' parameter in RPCALCU0.

Former Member
0 Kudos

that's exactly what i wanna know if there a provision in schema tht overwrites all other ERA be it in control record or payroll status or RPCALCU0

If it does, where is it in the schema

If it doesnt then this question was put up b'cos a consultant was recently talking about making it via Schema which i couldnt pull as of how

Hence i put up the question here

Regards

Roger

0 Kudos

As mentioned in previous post, how far the payroll's retro logic is in the payroll driver itself, NOT in the payroll schema. It really doesn't make sense for this decision making to be done in the schema (i.e. payroll driver is the main program, for each pay period it needs to process (retro or current), the schema is processed; hence, schema is called only after SAP knows how far back to retro).

Former Member
0 Kudos

So this is understood that schema has no such power of overwriting the ERA in control record / IT003 / RPCALCU0

0 Kudos

That's what I understand.