Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Types of Add-ons

alaa_muqattash
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I'm a bit confused about the term "add-on." I was the under the impression that only if the functionality is inside B1, then it can be called "add-on." But it seems there are lots of add-ons that are developed and live outside B1. Can you please clarify how can one tell where does the add-on live? Is there a different name when it's all inside B1?

Thanks,

Alaa

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

alaa_muqattash
Explorer
0 Kudos

Let me clarify my question even more:

If a new functionality is implemented in an external application and the Data API is used to post to B1 database, would you call this new functionality an add on? or are add-ons those functions that are embedded inside into B1?

Former Member
0 Kudos

It depends on if you need to install it as an add-on or not.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alaa,

Add-on is the term for SAP to distinguish core function with added functions by using SDK. In B1 there are add-on from SAP and user add-on by themselves or 3rd party.

Thanks,

Gordon

Joselito
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi:

SAP Business One allows the implementation of Add-ons (applications on top of Business One) to increase the functionality.

Partner's registered and licensed by SAP to do so can create Add-ons and sell them to other customers.

Some functions not included in the core product are so frequently used that SAP has developped add-ons for them and provides the installation packages for free in the package.

check about Business One Add-ons in

https://service.sap.com/~sapidb/011000358700003553712006