cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

two scales in one condition table?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a requirement to implement the condition technique for a Table that looks like a "Matrix" and has two scales (one horizontal, the other one vertical) that determine a fixed amount.

As far as I see I can only implement one scale into each Condition Table, how can this be done?

Thanks,

Doro

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Doro

I am able to partially visualize your scenario, but will you provide an inkling of what the X- and Y- scales would be?

I can guess the first one to be Quantity (1-50 Pieces), the second scale can't be weight or volume ( as they are related to quantity), so I am thinking it would be a chemical or physical property (everything looks related to quantity to me). Let me know what are the 2 scales and your business scenario.

Your best bet would be to have the sale basis decided by formula (Option G) and then you need to code and place the formula in the next field - Scale Formula in Condition type config (v/06).

I would rather use Alt. Condition Base Value formula in the pricing procedure.

Hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

thanks a lot for your answer. In my case the once scale is a quantity (number of participants) and the other scale is a dollar amount (Net revenue).

Based on the level achived in both categories, I end up with a fixed dollar amount that needs to be multiplied by the number of participants.

As the scales should be configurable, I would like to have them as a condition table itself and not hard coded somewhere.

I was thinking along the lines of creating 3 condition tables. First one to determine the "Scale Level" for the Participants, store that values somewhere (suggestions?), the second one determining the "Scale Level" for the Net Revenue, again store that amount somewhere and then last but not least, creating another condition table that contains both scale levels and determines the fixed amount.

Could that work? And how could I move the fields between the different condion types? I also seem to have a problem ending up with some sort of "Scale level" as it is not a quantity or amount....

You proposed: "Your best bet would be to have the sale basis decided by formula (Option G) and then you need to code and place the formula in the next field - Scale Formula in Condition type config (v/06). "

Which field do I have to fill in that Scale Formula for that to work?

Your help is greatly appreciated!

Doro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok. More clarity now.

Net Revenue you are talking about, is it from that order or is it a yearly amount stored somewhere else?

So I am thinking, let's not mess with scales. But in case you want to work with that: I am talking about Condition Type config (V/06), in that towards the bottom of the page, you have a section for "scales", On the top left you have 'Scale Basis' which would be G and to its right (Top right) you have scale formula where you need to create a formula # and insert there via VOFM.

In any case your condition base value is still quantity (number of Participants) , so we need not have Alt. Cond Base Value formula in the Pricing procedure. But we need to work with the rate (KBETR) so I propose using Alternative calculation type Formula in the procedure- RV64AXXX- to compute the condition rate.

The formula, again created via VOFM, will use a custom (z) table- Note this is not condition table- where you will store your 'scales'- Number of participants (range), Net Revenue (range) and resultant condition rate. Logic of the formula would be to read the number of the participants (qty) entered as well as Net revenue (??) and get the rate from the table and equate it to the condition rate.

Does it work for you? Let me know.

Answers (0)