cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two company's merging

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

i have a scenario where there are 2 different company's with different company codes merging.

like company A and Company B.

now company A wants to merge into company B, now how to move all the employees from company A to B.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

Please run a transfer action for the Employees in Company B to transfer to Company A.

Changing the PA or PSA will have many complexities in the cost center assignments.

Award points if found Usefull

Ravee

Former Member
0 Kudos

we are not using any cost centers. so how do i go now?

sikindar_a
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

u can go

but wht abt the Cost Assigment does the finance people does want it from the company which is going to merge

Former Member
0 Kudos

we doenot have the concept of cost assignment.

sikindar_a
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Than wht abt the posting of results

and before performing the transfer action set PLOGI EVENB as X in V_T77so

do u have integration with fico for the both A and B companies

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You can just run a Transfer action on all the employees in Company B.

You do not need to worry on the cost assignment at all.

Transfer action is not dependent on the cost assignment.

Ravee

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi sikindar,

we have only implemented Organisation management and Master Data. no Finance have been implememted. and payroll has been outsourced to ADP.

now my question is Company A is Merging to Company B, how to transfer employees from A to B and how to take care of the payroll in this transfer?

Former Member
0 Kudos

any inputs please..............

Former Member
0 Kudos

any inputs please..................i need to resolve this soon.

Former Member
0 Kudos

mass transfer of employees from one company code to another.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You need to do the mass transfer. So create an LSMW for that. If dont know about LSMW then take the help of ABAPer to do it for you (LSMW or BDC).

~BiSu

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Merger has two scenarios. Before handling it, you need address the following:

1. Whether employees would be transferred to the new company or hired hired in the new company. Practically, they will be hired in the new company for the following reasons:

a. Comapny A will no longer exist.

b. Employee number generation will be new

c. If payroll is implemented, PF, Gratuity, ESI etc will be from the date of joining of the new company, but it will not take the date of joining of Comapny A, since the company A doesn't exist legally.Also, Company B has a different PF Code, anyways all the employees will be transferred to new PF code. ADP has to be informed of the changesfor their changes at their end. They need to change the comapny name, employee number and other related data on their payslips.

d. If time management is implemented, quotas will be accrued as per the new hire date.

In that case run a separation action in company A and hire the employees in company B. Store the original date of hire in Date Specifications Infotype 0041.

I a employee resigns, settlement will be done as per his original hire date.

But before proceeding, check with client in details there requirements from all aspects.

Regards,

Suhasini

Former Member
0 Kudos

some on reply please, there are more than 100 employees to transfer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just try assigning the Personnel Areas with Company B to company A.

And check in Master data whether it has been changed or not.

U also have to take a look at the cost center assignments which has to be done by FI.

There might be other suggestions welcomed.

~BiSu