cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trigger a workflow activation from BUS object

GeorgeOk
Discoverer
0 Kudos

How to trigger a workflow activation when a business transaction object (bus2000115) is SETTORELEASE. 

Can someone explain to me how these business transactions work?

Can a bussiness transaction be an inquiry creation?

Thank you.

View Entire Topic
keohanster
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If the event SETTORELEASE is already being raised in your system (check transaction SWEL to verify) then you can create an event linkage to the event in transaction SWETYPV. I don't have any instances of BUS2000115 in my systems to check, but I assume that if the event is being raised, some customizing has already been done - either via Change Documents or via Status Management.

Please see menu path Tools>Business Workflow>Development>Events> Event Creation to examine bothChange Documents and Status Management.  

Sue

GeorgeOk
Discoverer
0 Kudos
Thank you for the detailed reply!
GeorgeOk
Discoverer
0 Kudos
The only problem is that business transactions (bus2000115 object) is not directly connected with inquiry creation document or quotation documents. There are specific crm transactions. So the problem is in connecting a simple inquiry quotation with the business transaction object bus2000115
keohanster
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi George, I am not familiar with CRM objects, but the underlying principles should be the same.

IHow do you work your way from BUS2000115 to the inquiry creation document or the quotation document?  It could very well be that you will need to:

a) create a Z version of BUS2000115

b) Implement either attributes or methods with ABAP code to locate these inquiry creation or quotation documents

c) insert the logic  to raise a custom event?  So for example, if I knew anything about CRM, I might create a method which will check for the existence of a linked inquiry document.  If I find one, I could raise a custom event ZSUE_EVENT by calling SAP_WAPI_CREATE_EVENT and adding a corresponding linkage in SWETYPV.

That's *if I knew anything about CRM*  😊

If you can find out how the event SETTORELEASED is implemented, that would go a long way towards solving this problem...