cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

transferring UDFs between companies

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello SAP experts.

I have sorted my UDF's, but, as I am using trial and error I always have to use the Test System first (which is a duplicate company used for practising), the info needs to be transferred over to the main company.

I noticed that if I want to just manually add these again to the main company i need other users to log out. What's the best way of doing this?

thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Groovy UK,

Using Copy Express Add-on u can transfer the UDF from one company to another.

Thanks,

Suresh Yerra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am trying to use Copy Express to Export Configuration file as XML only for a UDF on table OCRD.

How to import ONLY this field (structure of UDT and UDF) in another company without transferring data?

Thank you very much

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello again Groovy,

There is an addon tool that comes free of charge with SAP Business One called Copy Express, I work for a SAP Partner in the UK and I use this to copy anything from print layouts, to master data, or even just user defined fields and the formatted searches. You can also use this to copy user settings. If you still have your SAP Addon CD then you should find it on there, however there will probably be a newer version on the SAP Portal and your SAP Partner should be able to provide you installation files.

What you can do is setup what you want to copy from your test to your live and then save this so that you can run it again and again as you add more fields etc.. You will need to get people out of the database whilst you do this as it does modify tables, but it will make it much quicker and easier for you.

I hope this helps!

Regards,

Adrian

Hi Groovy. Is this still an issue for you?

Edited by: Adrian Johnson on Jan 22, 2008 4:54 PM