cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer sales plan to md61

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

In my Scenario Sales Deptt. Update sales Scheduling Agreement in SAP By VA31 and then MRP is running & creating Planned orders .

Now We wants to change our Process ,

NOW Before MRP Run we wants to transfer Sales schedule to Demand management MD61 , Where we can manually change Production plan which is not equal to Sales delivery schedule .

To copy sales schedule , I am doing Edit > Copy Requirement > Sales Plan > Total sales

Here system do not copy plan and shows below given error

u201C No production plan exists for product group XYZ u201C

Please let me know that how to copy sales schedules in Demand management (MD61) .

Regards,

ashutosh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ashutosh,

Your requirement is a bit confusing.

VA31 is for maintaining Sales Scheduling agreements. It is not related to Sales Plans.

For you to copy Sales Plan into Planned Independent Requrements, you first must create a sales plan. Have you done this?

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_06/helpdata/EN/a5/631a3843a211d189410000e829fbbd/frameset.htm

Best regards,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear sir,

I wants to confirm that DM does not consider Sales plan from VA01/VA31 and only consider Sales plans generated by SOP ?

Actually in our scenario, we have so many Scheduling Agreements & Sales Orders for a single FG and we wants to use DM to do Production Planning. As we do not create our production plan as per Sales Dispatch plan.

For Example for a day cumulative sales dispatch for a FG is 568 Pcs,

BUT we do not wants to create planned order of 568 as there is a variation in QA First Pass OK materials. (May be for that FG we have available Stock u201CZerou201D and produced 568 Pcs, but only 400 Pcs are OK for dispatch, which is less then Sales dispatch Plan of 568 Pcs ). So Planning department wants to increase this plan to say 650 Pcs . As per my understanding This can be done by DM only.

So we wants to copy cumulative sales dispatch plan for a FG to DM, from where we can see sales plan in DM and can increase it as per our Production plan.

This way we can create correct Production Plan, BUT it is not possible to transfer sales plan to DM so Please let me know that how to do so ?

By a Z-report, we can get cumulative sales dispatch plan and after reviewing it in excel sheet, we can upload it to DM for MRP Run, Currently we are doing this, but it takes a lot of time to get uploaded in DM .

So if by somehow all cumulative dispatch plan get copied to DM(MD61) directly, then it will reduce the lead time of updating new plan .

Please Let me know that how to design this in SAP ?

Regards,

Ashutosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ashutosh,

???? VA01 and VA31 are not plans, they are sales documents (execution). If your question is 'does SAP support a direct copy from sales documents (such as sales scheduling agreements) to planned independent requirements, the answer is no. It would make no sense. Sales documents usually consume planned independent requirements, depending upon your planning strategy.

If you want your production plan to be increased, for the reason of planned scrap/yield loss, you normally enter that yield loss quantity in one of the scrap or yield fields in either the Material Master, or in the Bill of Materials (depending upon your planning methods). In this way, every time MRP suggests a supply order (planned order), it will suggest quantities large enough to cover planned yield loss. It is normally considered a waste of time to have a planner manipulate these types of numbers manually for each iteration of the production plan.

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_06/helpdata/EN/f4/7d28d544af11d182b40000e829fbfe/frameset.htm

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_06/helpdata/EN/be/43bdd865f411d3b4e60004ac160649/frameset.htm

If your yield is totally unpredictable (according to your statements, this is not the case), then you would also consider using one of the standard planning tools (like Safety stock) to create some buffer stock.

Demand plans are usually not created for the sole purpose of accommodating yield issues. The most common reason to create a demand plan is to provide an orderly way to plan the entire supply chain in the most efficient manner. This is especially important when your customers demand a lead time that is longer than the total time to procure all raw materials and build all subassemblies for your finished goods.

Best regards,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sir,

Thanks for your valuable suggestion.

Actually in my company, management is not ready to run MRP more then once in a month and we have already taken safety stock into consideration but for BOM Components only.

For FG we cannot take enough safety stock into consideration, as management do not wants to store much FG at their end .

Extra Planned orders are needed just to maintain enough Purchasing delivery schedules of Brought out parts.

The market demand is unstable so there is a big difference between Plan and actual production and we cannot predict exact safety stock So trying to purchase some extra materials then actual consumption for all the time.

I think I have to proceed the way I am working. ( By a Z-report, we get cumulative sales dispatch plan and after reviewing it in excel sheet, we upload it to DM (MD61) for MRP Run ) .

Thanks & Regards,

Ashutosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ashutosh,

I guess I was not clear about the point I was trying to make. I was not encouraging you to use safety stock. This technique would only have been useful if you cannot predict your yield loss at finished goods.

You are able to predict your expected yield loss (after which you have your planners go in and manually inflate the production plan accordingly). My suggestion was to use SAP standard functionality to inflate the production plan automatically, using one of the Scrap/Yield master data items.

Best Regards,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Friends,

I as understood, you want do the planning which is more than requirement (Scheduling aggrement or sales order) since you know , your porcess is such that part of your plan product will get rejected at any stages.

1. i want to know that how do you treat the rejetced parts.

2. if you want only increase the Plan value that should be greater that the delivery quantity, why not you are using scrap concept that is given by sap.

you can have define scrap at assembly level, component level or operation level depending on your process scenario.

Hope i could you have understand you scenario and may useful for you.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear sir,

In my company , management has instructed to create cost collector with exact BOM Components (do not take any scrap in BOM), thats why we are not able to consider Scrap in masters, if we will take scrap then it will increase primery cost in cost collector. Management is intrested to know how much is the variance from the bare minimum cost of it .

Scrap entries will be done as per actual by component/assembly scraps only. (we are using REM Scenario)

Thanks & Regards,

Ashutosh

Edited by: ashu_sap on Mar 5, 2012 5:54 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashutosh,

if you use REM. You must have use planning table. In Planning table there is an option for transferrig requirement. once you transfer of the requirement in Planning table you can modify those quantity as you wish.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ashutosh,

You do not have to put scrap in the BOM if there is a business requirement to leave it out. You can instead use Assembly Scrap in the Material Master of the parent (Finished Goods). This is actually a better representation of your business process, as near as I can tell.

Best Regards,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

We are already using Planning table ( MF50 ) but the thing is that if we update it before MRP Run then it will get deleted if they are not Firmed.

after MRP it is useless to do so as then it will not generate Plan for lower BOM components.

Please let me know that how to Transfer requirement into Planning table (MF50).

Regards,

Ashutosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear sir,

Please Confirm if we will take assembly scrap in FG then it will not show any impact to the cost collector of FG .

Thanks & Regards,

Ashutosh

Edited by: ashu_sap on Mar 6, 2012 9:42 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ashutosh,

Please Confirm if we will take assembly scrap in FG then it will not show any impact to the cost collector of FG .

Without knowing how your system is configured, I couldn't possibly make such a statement. However, if you were to spend 10 minutes in your sandbox, you would definitely know the answer.

I will, though, make a comment (even though you didn't ask for it). Most companies use the Scrap fields as they were intended, for planning purposes. It is up to the Controlling group to then create reports that meet the Controlling requirements of the business. I have difficulty imagining where the Controlling group is not interested in assisting the Planning group in coming up with the best plan possible (e.g., by using a scrap figure that is to be used for planning). If you were to use zero for Assembly scrap for planning purposes, and everyone knows that the scrap will be greater than this figure, it only produces a faulty FGs plan. Now you are forced into creating non-standard functionality to avoid having to do work that is unnecessary and costly.

Best Regards,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear sir,

I tested the scenario after sending the above message, and found that Cost Collector is also calculating Assembly scrap. So this method can not be adapted in our company .

Actually before testing , I was expecting the same result so asked you

u201C Please Confirm if we will take assembly scrap in FG then it will not show any impact to the cost collector of FGu201D

So that i can know the possibility whether we can avoide Assembly scrap cost in cost collector.

Please let me know if it is possible .

Thanks & Regards,

Ashutosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ashutosh,

I believe your original question has been answered. Your new questions now concern Controlling functionality. I suggest you close this post, and re-post your question in a Controlling Forum, such as

Best regards,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have query in Sales operation planning :

i create one product group . ( MM01 )

in that product group , assign four material. ( MC84 )

i put the requirement for the product group  ( MC74 )

but it will not transferring to below item.

so suggest me how will i do.

Regards

vin

Ritz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

close this one and refer link SOP; in your new post.

Thanks

Ritesh

Answers (0)