cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

transfer cost center to different company code

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I would like to know the effects if ever there are cost center / prorit center from one company that needs to be transferred to a different company.

Much Thanks,

JM

Moderator: Please, avoid asking basic questions

View Entire Topic
ajaycwa1981
Active Contributor

Hi

You can change the Company code in a Cost Center, but only from the start of new fiscal year

I would suggest opening a new cost center and blocking the old ones

Br, Ajay M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ajay,

What would be the problem if we change it, let say 2nd qtr of the FY?.. can we just enter the 1qtr transaction as an adj to the new company code?.

Thanks in advance...

ajaycwa1981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

You wont be allowed to do so... Its a hardstop

Br, Ajay M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks... till next time.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ajay,

I tried this this approach...

I extended the Profit center to the A200... now PC is available in A100 and A200...

then I test whether if i can use the cost center on A200.. It worked... I didn't need to change the Company code of the CC...

Im just worried if there will be complications.. Please advise...

Much thanks,

JM

ajaycwa1981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

That means you have not switched on the Comp Code Validation in OKKP...

While posting in Comp Code B, you can use Cost Center attached to Comp Code A, if this validation is not switched on

I would sincerely advise against it... Create a new cost center for the other comp code and group them together for reporting purposes, if need be

br, Ajay M

Former Member
0 Kudos

yup you're right Ajay...

Again thanks for the help'

JM

lcartolin1
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Ajay!

Would like to know if there is any SAP documentation or note describing this scenario. Also, if the solution of moving the cost center to another company code at the start of new fiscal year is still the same or there is more flexibility to do so at the middle of the year.

Thanks in advance!

dejan_senet
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi

There is a possibility of changing the assignment of an existing cost center to a new company during the year with certain limitations and consequences. Program RKACOR06 from note 62716. I don't know if it still works on s/Hana.