cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Total actual cost becomes zero after cost center change in work center

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We are facing one issue of Total Actual Cost becoming zero for Production Order containing work centers for which cost centers were changed.

Can anybody explain what is the reason for this and how to eliminate this issue?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I checked KP26 for all (4) cost centers which were changed. Cost (variable) is already maintained for current period. Current order status from costing point of view is pre costed(PRC), SETC(Settlement rule created) and VCAL(Variance calculated). In all orders which have changed cost centers have the same issue. Total Actual Cost is Zero(Planned qty: 2.0

Actual qty: 1.8)

former_member219086
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Suhas,

That means, there is no issue with the actual cost calculation for activity types. I wonder if you are referring to the PO settlement here. You can double click on the item that is offsetting all other cost elements. I hope it is PO settlement. once the settlement is done, the order balance will be zero.

If I understood your issue incorrectly, please send the screenshot of PO cost analysis.

Thank you,

Srinath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suhas,

By changing the cost center in work center, by maintaining the price in KP26, your problem will resolve, But as per the recent post, change in WIP GL will come into picture at the time of settlement.

What exactly you are referring?

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

I found that Variable Price is already maintained for the current period in KP26. Also actual cost is properly calculated and displayed in Cost Analysis of Production Order. In cost analysis I can see that one cost element K9201 (WIP-change of inventories from incr.) is having negative cost which is exactly equal to the total cost of all other cost elements. This is negating the effect of all costs and Total actual cost is becoming zero. Any idea what might be the reason?

former_member198692
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If cost centers are changed then As suggested by Ajay sir you need to do KP26 and also go through below link for your reference

Regards

Prasad

ajaycwa1981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Suhas

Did you maintain activity price in KP26?

Try to cancel your confirmations and do again

Ajay M