Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TM - One Work Schedule rule - but differential pay according to worked hour

jesu_ponraj
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am not sure if my que makes sense.

Is it possoible to define one work schedule and pay the hourly employee according to actual hours he worked...meaning if he works from 2PM - 10 PM pay at X rate...but if emp works from 10PM - 6 AM bay the employee at Y rate?

The business need is 3rd shift emp show up for 2nd shift couple of days and the emp gets paid the 3rd premium rate..when he should not..right now we have 3 shift and maiintaing the shift premium in IT0008.

Is this possible...can someone please let me know.

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member193210
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You mention that you currently have 3 shifts (let's call them DAYS, EVENing and NIGHt) but sometimes employees change their shifts. Do you use IT2003 to enter the substitution?

Instead of using IT0008 to enter the Shift Premium, wouldn't it be better to link them to the Daily Work Schedule so that if the employee's DWS is DAYS no premium is paid, if it is EVEN premium 1 is paid(hours are generated in TE), and if it is NIGH premium 2 is paid.

jesu_ponraj
Participant
0 Kudos

No they are not using IT2003, instead emp who schedule for night shift shows up for the eve shift and hence its a big mess bcos of the "prev daily ind" is set and hours are calculated wrongly. And payroll have to manualy deduct the 3rd shift(night) premium

Instead I am thinking...if we could create a flex WSR and based on the hours emp works we assign the premium.. does that make sense?

As I am typing I am thinking can we control in the PCR like if the emp shows up during these hours assign this w/t etc??

former_member193210
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

We don't use Flex DWS, but I agree that you should be able to control the generation of "Premium" hours based on the employees worked hours (clock-in, clock-out), and that you should be able to achieve that through PCRs.

jesu_ponraj
Participant
0 Kudos

any insight on this subject ...pls?