cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Timesheet weekly view table personalization

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have EHP5 implemented and need to modify CATS Timesheet screen to contain fewer columns as it is currently in the Standard View and want a new View pre-activated for all users (i.e. users won't create this, it will be pre-selected for them). Currently the new view can be created by clicking the 'Settings' hyperlink on top right corner. Below is the screenshot. How can we achieve this? Does this need WD ABAP code enhancement?

Thanks

Arindam

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arindam,

You should be able to do that through Applications Configuration. Go to se80 and locate your application (or SE84) that I guess is called HRESS_AC_CATS_1. Execute it in Administration mode by pressing shift+F8. You should then be able to save and transport your administration settings so they are available for all users. You can also right click and chose "settings for current configuration" to do administration personalisation.

If you don't want to customize the SAP standard take a copy first by navigation to the application configuration and pressing "Start configurator" button. Then you can make a copy and use that instead.

Also see this guide for ESS ehp5 custimizing guide:

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-30218

BR Jan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jan,

Many thanks for your reply. It is very helpful. I am able to run the Application Config in Admin Mode and create the Personalization. But I can see the Timesheet application running when executed from the ECC Config Client and there I cannot save the personalization as the client is non-modifiable.

But in Dev client I cannot see th timeshet running as it says my Userid does not exist in that period.

May be as Dev client is not having any data.

Can you please help then how can I create the changes and save in a TR?

Thanks

Arindam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arindam,

You need to do this on your development environment and transport it through. You get the error on the DEV system because your user is not assigned to a period for that infotype. You need an functional person to set that up for you on the development client if you can't do it yourself - it should be pretty simple for someone that knows what they are doing 🙂

After that it should work. Let me know if you can't get further.

BR Jan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, did you manage to create your transport in Development?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jan,

Sorry for late response.

No, The functional team has solved it. I saw they created two Cusomizing requests.

Not sure any development is involved. But can see the screen is customized.

Thanks

Arindam