cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Timed Out Error with ADDON

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When i am running application it works properly.

But when i am developing ADDON . ADDON gets installed but <b>while installation it display Timed-Out Error.</b>

I tried increasing installation time but it do not work.

(i am using B1DE for developing ADDON)

Plz help to work this out.

Regards,

Ganesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Gianluigi
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

If this is the case it means that the connection to the desktop didnt work out. Check whether some exception is raised during the connection process.

You can read in the B1 e-learning section here in SDN all the details about the UI connection.

Gianluigi
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Yes. The first thing you do when you are started-up is to establish the UI connection.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I tried u r solution but still the <b>Timed out error

</b> comes while running addon.

<b>Addon is installed on any machin succesfully but when we make it to connect via ADDON Manager => Start my addon

the progress bar ends and at end

"Timed out error is flashed"</b>

Please help to work out this.<b>Application is ready but unable to deploy </b>

Regards ,

Ganesh

Gianluigi
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Ganesh -

From the thread:

"What you need to do is to first connect to UI API + afterwards eventually do some more initializations!".

As soon as you start get connected to the UI and then keep on doing your own work: in fact B1 starts the add-on and then waits for its connection. If this connection does not happen in a given time, the whole starting phase is terminated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You mean to say in my code i first need to connect to UI and then after UI-connection else part is need to be executed.

Gianluigi
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Ganesh -

pls have a look at this thread

It seems it covers a similar problem and provides an answer that have been marked to solve it. Pls have a look also at the SDN Rules of Engagement, I stick them in the forum.

Message was edited by: Frank Moebius

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have gone through link page but it do not provides solution.

former_member185703
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

To give you the exact data:

The Add-On has 10 seconds to connect "back" to B1 through UI API...

Frank

Former Member
0 Kudos

That's great. Now I'm faced with the same problem.

In my Development Environment, it works VERY WELL

I run the add-on, I run SAP, and in sap my add-on works.

Now I do the famous Installer, I register the add-on in sap

the registration works all well,

then I start the add-on and get this Connection Timed Out

Yeah right

The bigest problem is that this thread actualy ends with my message

> To give you the exact data:

>

> The Add-On has 10 seconds to connect "back" to B1

> through UI API...

>

> Frank

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Marc Roussel

I have placed this question in portal.Ihave got solution also . Change i did was

my previous code of <b>setconnection()</b> contained following line

<u>sConnectionString = "0030002C0030002C00530041005000420044005F00440061007400650076002C0050004C006F006D0056004900490056"

</u>

which was changed to

<u>sConnectionString = Environment.GetCommandLineArgs.GetValue(1)

</u>

and have placed connection string

0030002C0030002C00530041005000420044005F00440061007400650076002C0050004C006F006D0056004900490056

to project propertie`s window of commandlineargument.

And it worked properly.

I am using SAP B1 2004.B and DOT NET 2005 version.

Hope it works.Do not forget to reply if problem solves.

Regards ,

Ganesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

God, not again ?

Well, I did a nice add-on for a client on a server somewhere and everything is fine.

Now I'm doing another add-on based on the same code as the first one but for another client on another server and here we go again. Add-on Connection timed out.

I've looked is everything is there, dependencies, version etc... and I dont see why.

Is there any way to KNOW why the connection isn't made with the UI ? Since I didn't change a line of code or almost from the first one which is working well

why not on another server its not connecting. I need to know why, any tricks ?, Trace I can place or something ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Here we go. I tried to start the add-on a second time and I'm getting another kind of error which is

Incorrect connection string for add-on

huh ? Is it not suppose to be given from the UI in the command line ? Since this add-on comes from another place which works perfectly

Why this SAP installation refuse to execute my add-on. I didnt see any different in the SAP installation

Former Member
0 Kudos

some ideas:

- did you copy the interop dll's?

- are you working with a newer version of the di/ui on the separate server? If so you may need to recompile the addon.