cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Time Sheet - Data Entry Profile(T-Code CAT2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have 4 data entry profiles in the system and will like to delete 2 of them as they are no longer required. If somebody had booked time (in past) by using the profile which I want to delete, will it have any kind of impact. Please advice whetehr it is safe to delete the profiles.

Regards

Tapan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tapan,

My understanding is that the entry profile is merely a way to view and enter the data. If you were to enter the data using a different one it would make no odds therefore by the same token if you were to delete a profile then you should be absolutely fine.

Hope this helps,

Kind regards,

Danny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Danny,

Thanks a lot for the reply. I have a further question on this.

Take a example if person X1 enters time data using profile P1, does this information that this person X1 had used this profile for this week/month data gets stored somewhere in some table. I am not able to find any but if you have any clue on this.

Best regards,

Tapan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tapan,

Not that I am aware of either - just checking a where used on the data element didn't reveal anything either.

Please bear in mind the following before deleting the profile however - What the profile is used for is to define whether data can be entered for just individual employees or groups of employees, what deata can be maintained, whether the timeframe is weekly or monthly and whether the data is subject to approval. All things tho consider when deleting any - to make sure the business needs can still be met and also there can be specific auths to certain time profiles to allow only certain employees to enter certain data etc.

Hope this helps,

Kind regards,

Danny