cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Time recording and CATS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Experts,

Could you please let me know the configurations of time recordings in SAP.

Also let me know about CATS.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

can you let us know the exact requirement for which you require to customize.

whether it is for PS/HR/PM ......

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am For HCM.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Time sheets are created to capture the effort of employee for a particular day/order/no of hours worked etc....

then the time sheets filled by emplyee can approved by the appropriate authority and then it can be tranfered to corresponding components like if it is related to plant maintanence order or the data has to be send to HR etc....

go thru this link .....

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_45b/helpdata/en/64/400b2b470211d189720000e8322d00/frameset.htm

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Then how the Tracing device is connected with SAP.

Former Member
0 Kudos

can u elaborate about tracing device functionality.....

former_member47879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You need to create a custom interface - when ever the employee swipes in the data picked and sent to the sap using interface

Former Member
0 Kudos

Manikya,

Yes, could you please let me know about configuring those interface.

Former Member
0 Kudos

CATS does not use clock in an clock out so I am assuming your application is tracking the swipe in and out to send the amount of time worked to CATS. If that assumption is correct in 4.7 SAP provided a function module CATS_EXTERNAL_INTERFACE which is a remote enabled function module. This can be called an external application; e.g., a .net program. that is handling the swipe in and outs.

When we started implementing our time clock app to load data to CATS, we had a few issues you may want to consider. You will want to consider what happens if an employee forgets to swipe in or out; i.e., how do you capture and fix. Also, what happens if the card is held up too long in front of the swipe device or passed by twice in a short period of time (we put in a wait to prevent logging swipes if they were too close together, for example 5 minutes). Also, how do you handle your time in CATS, do you round to quarter hours per swipe or per day, put in the time to the tenths....

former_member47879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Interfaces are Z program

We have inbound interfaces and out bound interfaces

To send data and to receive data from and to R3

When ever employee swipes in at the terminal interface would pick the data from the terminal and send it to the R3