cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Time Management-Shift Planning

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, I have question regarding on shift.

For example, in a retail store selling clothes from mon-fri we operates from 10-7pm and from sat and sun including PH we operates from 10-9pm.

For mon-fri, the 10-7pm is consider as normal shift and the employees is entitled to have an off day in one of these days.

For sat-sun including PH, the 10-9pm is branch out to 2 shift. First shift is from 10am-6pm, second shift is from 2pm-9pm.

Is it i have to create 3 work schedule, namely normal, first shift and second shift? Is this the way used for creating the shift?

Edited by: becky.b on May 30, 2010 4:13 AM

Edited by: becky.b on May 30, 2010 4:13 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. Create 3 daily work schedules(DWS). NORM, FRST and SEC according to corresponding times

2. Create 2 DWS variants of NORM say NORM1 and NORM2. NORM1 will be same as FRST and NORM2 will be same as SEC. We will use these variants for Public holidays. Suppose the PH class is 1

3. Create 2 DWS variant selection rules. First rules specifies

current day              next day         day of week                Variant
       b123456789             b123456789       1234567  
01    .X.........                 XXXXXXXXX       XXXXXXX                   1(NORM1)
02    .X.........                 XXXXXXXXX       XXXXXXX                    2(NORM2)

4. Now create 2 PWS (period Work schedules)

a) PWS1 NORM NORM NORM NORM NORM FRST FRST

b) PWS2 NORM NORM NORM NORM NORM SEC SEC

5. Create 2 Work schedule rules. In the first WSR rule use the DWS variant selection rule 01 (step 3) and PWS1(step 4) and for second WSR select DWS variant rule 02 and PWS2

6. Generate WS for WSR1 and WSR2

If WSR1 is selected for employee in IT 0007 then he will work NORM NORM NORM NORM NORM FRST and FRST. If there is a public holiday then he will work NORM1 which is same as FRST. Similarly for WSR2.

Hope this is how you want it.

cheers

Ajay

Former Member
0 Kudos

But i dont understand the DWS variant selection rules. Would you mind explaining it to me ?

In my PWS can I set it like this:

a) PWS1 NORM NORM NORM NORM NORM FRST SEC

b) PWS2 NORM NORM NORM NORM NORM SEC FRST

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, Ofcourse you can set it like you have stated.

A DWS variant selection rule will replace the variant of a DWS in the place of DWS when the rule condition is met. So we have the rule which states that if the PH class of the current day is 1 then instead of NORM use NORM1 which is similar to FRST. So on a public holiday it will replace NORM with NORM1(same as FRST).

Hope you got it.

cheers

Ajay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for ur help:)