Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Time costraint on Cost Center (K) relationships

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everybody.

I would ask for your help about the following problem I'm not able to solve :

I defined a new relationship, linking the object K (Cost Center) to a new object I created (ZE).

The new relationship is defined as B992 (bottom-up). This relationship should link one Cost Center to only one new object, so I set the Time Constraint for this relation to 2. The other way relationship (top-down) A992 is set to 3, since I could link one new object to more than one Cost Center.

In the view V_T777ZIT I have the line :

K 1001 Relationships B992 Cost Center assignment 2

The problem is :

the system does not perform any check on the unique assignment of a Cost Center to an object ZE and a multiple assignment is allowed.

Have you any idea about the reason of this ?

Thanks a lot for any help.

Francesco

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Also maintain time constrain for new subtype (A/B992) of IT 1001. Transaction OOSU

Cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi semvladigo and thanks for your answer.

Relationships are already customized and show up in OOSU with the correct Time Constraints values : B992 --> 2 and A992 --> 3.

Cheers,

Francesco

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Francesco,

Add similar entries to table T77ZR. Transaction OOZR.

Cheers!

Former Member
0 Kudos

I already tried to add the following record to T77ZR :

K 1001 B992 ZE 2 (where ZE is my custom HR object)

but, when I tried to save this entry, an error message shows up

"relevant Time Constraint for K 1001 B992 is not set to 3".

Please, note that the only (SAP predefined) entry in this table, related to Cost Center (K) is :

K 1001 B011 O 3 and I'm wondering if this "3" is the value (predefined by SAP in T77ZR) the system is checking, not allowing any other relationship with the object K with a Time Constraint different from 3....

Any idea ?

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

In order to use this table you should have K 1001 B992 3 in table T777Z.

Define Time Constraint Depending on Target Object Type

In this step, you define alternative time constraints for relationships depending on the target object type.

Example

A position in your enterprise can be described by only one job (target object type "C") but by as many tasks as required (target object type "T").

Requirements

You should have already carried out the step Maintain relationships and entered the value "3" for the time constraint of the corresponding relationship.

Standard settings

The standard SAP R/3 system contains a number of predefined time constraints that are target object type-dependent.

Recommendation

It is recommended that you use the time constraints supplied.

Activities

Define you own target object type-dependent time constraints if necessary.

Further notes

The assignment of additional conditions for this function may only be carried out by SAP since it is equivalent to a program modification.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi semvladigo.

Your last post is the copy of the "Performance assistant" text for the function "Define Time Constraint Depending on Target Object Type", except for the first line, which is yours :"In order to use this table you should have K 1001 B992 3 in table T777Z."

What is "this table" ? I can not understand what you're referring to. Besides, you should take into account that I NEED to have "2" as Time Constraint for my custom relationship B992. So, in table T777Z, I already added the record K 1001 B992 2 (and not 3), because I want that one and only custom object ZE is related to a Cost Center (K).

Thank you for your help. Cheers,

Francesco

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, that's what is written in perfromance assistant. I put bold on the most important sentence. It just says that when you use table T77ZR you have to assign time contraint 3 to respective relationship in table T777Z.

But it is not necessary in your case. This table is for different purposes. Check all configuration once again: V_T777ZIT, V_T777ZVK if everything is ok there. It should work.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi semvladigo.

Unfortunately I checked both tables you indicated and the relationships are OK. So I really don't know what else I can do....

Have you any other advice for me ?

Thanks again for your help. Cheers,

Francesco