cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Time-based maintenance plan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are trying to schedule a time-based maintenance plan.

Firstly, we have created a measuring point as a counter to the equipment.

Also we have defined a maintenance strategy which involves hours in it

and finally we have assigned these strategies in a task list at operational level.

By t.code IP41 we assigned the counter and the task list into the maintenance plan.

However, when we want to create this maintenance plan,

the system asks to define an annual estimate.

If we define the annual estimate, system schedules a maintenance plan according to this number.

We want to schedule maintenance plan according to the counter only.

For example, if that equipment has a maintenance plan in 600 hours performance

and if the counter is at 600 hours, we want the system to schedule an order at that level.

Is it possible or do we have to set the annual estimate for maintenance plan scheduling?

How can we schedule a maintenance plan according to a counter and a maintenance strategy only?

Thanks,

Best regards

Begü

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sundar_desai2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Desar Begüm,

Maintenance plan will be scheduled with respect to reading you enter in measuring point only. Annual estimated value is used to see the future planned dates for defined scheduling period. It is just used to get an idea your nesxt order will generate probably on planned date which is generated through Annual Estimated Value.

But maintrenance order is always generated with respect to reading that you enter in meas. doc.

You can check the following:

1.Define any annual estimate value for your meas. point.

2.Create the maint plan & schedule it. Note the planned dates for it.

3.Create the meas. doc. for reading which crosses the you cycle of maint plan.

4.You will get maint order generated once you cross the reading of cycle and now check the planned dates of your maint plan scheduled. It will change as per readings entered.

In short maint order will be generated always on readings entered. Dates shown iin scheduling of maint plans are subject to chage with respect to measu. doc reading.

Hope it will clear....

Regards,

Sundar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sundar,

Thanks for your reply.

I gave an annual estimate just to see the future planned dates

and I saw that the planned dates are changing according to my measuring documents.

However, I want to use a strategy to see the 600 hours, 1800 hours and also 3600 hours maintenance plans. When I use IP42, the system doesn't ask me for a counter, and it asks me the date at which the system should start the maintenance plan. How can I assign different strategies to a maintenance plan by using counter ?

Hope that I could define my problem.

Thanks,

Begü

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Begum,

First understand the clearity betn time base & performance base stretegy plan. For time base stretegy plan say montly u must create stretegy in IP11 on time base e.g. 1 month ,2 month , 3 month etc . lley u create stretegy for Performance base e.g. 500 km ,800 km ,1000km etc for KM .

Create task list & put there stretegy which u created earlier & select required frequency . Then in initial screen of IP42 u select requred stretegy assign above task list with initial reading of counter for performance base plan only.

Avinash.

sundar_desai2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Begüm,

During maint plan creation if your equipment has only one counter installed on it in that system will not ask seperatly for counter it will be captured automatically in plan. If equipment has more than one counter then during plan creation you will have to select one counter from counter field in maint plan.

Also follow the followings:

1) Create a maintenace strategy for hours with required packages say: 600H, 1800H, 3600H, etc. (IP11)

2) Create task list of operations & assign the above created strategy to task list.

3) Create the maint plan with above created task list & strategy.

4) Then schedule the plan, now definitly it will ask for counter reading as start reading not the date.

Regards,

Sundar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Avinash,

I really thank for your answer, cause my problem is solved.

In maintenance strategy I have defined the strategy as a time, now I changed it as perform.

So from now on wtih t.code IP42, the system asks me a counter number

and when I schedule the maintenance plan I've seen the schedule which I was looking for.

Thanks & Regards,

Begü

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member187991
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

For time based plan there is no need to create strategy .

After creating measuring point ,create single cycle plan and specify the cycle length as 600 hrs and specify the counter .system will issue warning for not specifying the annual estimate.but you can save it

But for scheduling in future ,you have to enter the annual estimate.if you do not want to enter the counter estimate ,after the measuring point has reached 600 then try to scheduling the plan.it will schedule and create an order

regards

thyagarajan

hi it is not possible without entering annual estimate

Edited by: thyagarajan krishnamurthy on Jan 29, 2009 9:47 AM