Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Third pary sales order- when is it closed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Iam testing third party process.

All the config is in place.

after i created the Po from third party sales order , i tried receiving the goods (statistical goods receipt) for it in diffeerent ways.

1) general MIGO for the Po quantity

2) Inbound delivery based on a shipping notification and then PGR from there (VL31N)

In either cases, the sales order workflow, does not get updates with the receipt quanity .

How do i consider it closed?

I checked a sap-img link

http://www.sap-img.com/sap-sd/process-flow-for-3rd-party-sales.htm

where they suggested to create a delivery VL31N after statistical goods receipt.

Not sure if that is a good way of doing business as it has lot of implications..as it is suggested for general deliveries going out of our company physically.

I would really appreciate how other companies work w.r.t receipts and closing of sales orders for third party orders

Thanks

AH

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This senario is typical. That means a customer purchase a trade goods from you, and you purchase it from your vendor, and your vendor will deliver the goods to your customer. The PO is for a SO. You can track all processes by SO history.

1) Normally an automatic PR will be created after you save a SO;

2) Run Me59N to get an automatic PO

3) GR for the PO,

4) IV for the PO

5) Billing for SO

You don't need deliver the goods, and actually you received goods but your Stock wouldn't have them.

Answers (0)