cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The formula for actual activity price

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would like to double confirm the formula for actual activity price calculation.

Actual Postings to cost center A = $1000

Actual activity to cost center A by activity type labour = 20 hours

So actual activity price for activity type labour will be :- 1000 / 20 = $50

Is this correct? Or is there anything i have missed out?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Actual Postings to cost center A = $1000 - (F-02 or FB50)

This amount you will be assigning in KP06, i.e combination of Cost Center, Cost Element

Actual activity to cost center A by activity type labour = 20 hours (you will be planning this hours in in KP26 with distribution key)

So actual activity price for activity type labour will be :- 1000 / 20 = $50 (Once you run KSPI, based on KP06, KP26 and based on Distribution Key this amount will be splits)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

But what KSPI got to do with Actual price calculations? KSPI is for plan price calculation?

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

In very simple terms you are correct.

However the calculation as shown assumes that there is only one activity type, therefor all costs associated with that and its related qty. Further implying that there is no splitting taking place.

So while your example is the truth and works fine for understanding the basic process, it is not the whole truth, and you can find different answers produced by the system in different situations.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

I was reading the SAP help documentation here http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp60_sp/helpdata/en/5b/d2200743c611d182b30000e829fbfe/frameset.htm and came across a sentence as follows :-

"The actual costs are split in two stages:

In the first splitting step, the system distributes actual costs by cost element to the activity types based on the target costs or target quantities."

Why should the actual costs is divided using the planned quantities? I thought it shd be divided by the actual quantity to calculate the actual price?

former_member309133
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello

Yes you are right, provided there is only one activity type for the cost center.

Sangram