cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Testing of Material

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear experts,

what is the proces for testing the material supplied by a new vendor ? If quality view of that material is activated, then will procurement be only possible if we have quality info record ? But quality info record should only be made after tesing, but how can we do testing as long as we do not get the material procured inside the plant? Please suggest.....

Regards,

Sunit

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member186399
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello

Yes you can do that. Please check this link for inspection lot copying written by Shyamal

Link: [http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/index?rid=/library/uuid/60221c69-0f8b-2b10-eebf-bec51a601dd6]

Regards

Gajesh

former_member186399
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Sunil

In one of my project , the process is mapped like this

1) A notification will be triggered from the purchase dept to the techincal dept when a new vendor or material is to be purchased. A notification type was created especialy for this

2) the control key is made mandatory and 0009 is used. The reason for maintaining is the need for quality info record for the procurement

3) Technical dept will decide whether to go forward , if yes they will create the quality info record, with status relationship vendor approval.

The status profile for the procuremnt can be created in

SPRO > QM > QM in Logistics > Define Status of Supply Relationships > QM_P_001 > I have maintained the following settins

1) Pilot 2) bulk1 3) bulk2 3) bulk3 4) production

4) Quantity is also controlled by using the quantity field in Quality info record so that the order quantity is controlled

5) when the material comes for inspection the first status will be pilot. once it is tested and UD is given as Ok the status get updated automaticaly. At any time you can manually switch from one status to another

Hope this gives some idea

Regards

Gajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

This is possible in many ways

what you can do is create QM vew ,assign control key related to QInfo

Now in Qinfo Record maintain the supply relationship profile ......in status tab

()

what is use of this is to initiate the relationship like initial testing or pilot testing for material received from vendor.

Explore this

Also

In Q info record you can mension the validity date or Quantity which you want to receive from perticular vendor.

Regards

Sujit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sir,

please suggest on which control key to be chosen. Currently i am using 0007, if i change it to Also please suggest how the material will come to plant so that I can do result recording. Or do i have to create a manual inspection lot of any particular origin, please suggest in more details so that my exploration is more focussed.....

Regards,

Sunit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Let me correct the link first

Control key shold include "Vendor release " or "delivery release"

Material come to factory with same cycle as that of Purchse,after PO & MIGO.

You have to activate 01 & after MIGO lot will be created.

then carry out RR.

If this is not the cycle you follow then you can create manual lot & do RR.But for this QInfo wil not be considered.

Regards

Sujit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sir,

In a scenario where testing is done before the MIGO takes place, manual inspection lot may be created to do result recording. After MIGO when inspection lot is generated by system, is it possible to transfer the inspection details (inspection result, usage decision as well as the inspection lot number) from the manually created inspection lot to the system generated inspection lot (after MIGO) ? Plz Suggest......

Regards,

Sunit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sunit,

you can do quality testing, without having a Q-info record.

you need to activate 01 in material master. and you need to have relevant quality parameters defined for your plant.

This will trigger an inspection lot for you

Regards

Charith

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sir,

without quality info record how can i do GRN for the material to be tested from an outside vendor (yet not registered) so that i have it inside the plant for testing ? Whenevr i try to create the purchase order system is giving error message as Q.Info record is not there. Please elaborate on how to receive the material inside plant with setings necessary to achieve it.

Regards,

Sunit