Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TEM

Former Member
0 Kudos

hai

i have an issue

i have created a bussiness event type--training and managment

i have created the bussiness event or thsi and booked employees and the training has taken place already.

now my requirement is i need to break this bussiness event type in to training , managment which i can create as bussiness event types. but i need to transfer all the data that has been created for training and managment to both training , managment i,e the data that is under training and managment has to be kept under training and also managment seperately.

what is the way out, is there any standard procedure to transfer the data

regards

nalla

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you all

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

U can make a copy of the Business Event Type 'training and mgt' and name it as Management.

U can rename the old business ev, type as Training.

To copy the Business event type, TCode -OOC3.

To copy the data of the business event would be difficult.

U can copy the Business Event too.

But attendees need to be attached again and the followup done again.

Hope it helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hai

that is the point because the data for the event dates is less but the atterndes are more.

hence it is bit difficult to create again,

so is therea way to transfer that data

regards

nalla

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

I am sorry, I dont understand your question well.

Please could you descibe a little more clear what you mean with

"break this bussiness event type in to training"

" need to transfer all the data that has been created for training and managment to both training , managment i,e the data that is under training and managment has to be kept under training and also managment seperately."

thank you!

Kind regards,

Zsolt

Former Member
0 Kudos

hai

i beleive i complicated the issue by explanation.

the issue is i have a bussiness event type presentation skills and communication skills.for this i created the event by giving dates and booked the employees and the training took place.

now my client wants to me to create two bussiness event types 1) presentation skills 2)communication skills which i have created

the problem is we want to do away with the bussiness event type presentation skills and communication skills and the data(the attendees and the dates for the event has to be transferred to both presentation skills 2)communication skills which i have created

how can i transfer the data of one bussiness event to another bussiness event type

regards

nalla

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nalla!

The problem is that the D-E relationship inheritance cannot be processed backwards. What does it mean? You have maintained infotypes for a D (business event) and your create direct Events (E) under this D. The event itself inherits all the information about the D (capacity, price, etc..). BUT!! You can maintain these information to all events for your own taste as well.

In your case the problem is - if i am right - following:

Presentation skills and communication skills (D)

|__

Presentation skills and communication skills (E)

What you want to reach is:

Presentation skills (D)

|__

Presentation skills (E)

Communication skills (D)

|__

Communication skills (E)

1 probable Solution:

1. You create new 2 D object types with the desired information

2. You create with ressources in PVS2 Events to both D-s

3. Go back to PP01 and copy the infotype "Relations" of the old E (Pres.&Comm.)to the new E-s (to both) (once to Pres. and once to Comm.)

With this step you reach that your A023 (is participated in) relations are going to be created on the new (both) E-s.

I hope this explanation helps you to realise the required result.

Best regards,

Zsolt

Former Member
0 Kudos

hai

the issue is what ever the data like the dates and the attendees in one event has to be transferred to another.

i tried yur solution but it is not getting done.

it throwing me the error relation ship cannot be maintained by basic transaction.

regards

nalla

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nalla,

You need to experiment in few different ways, one could be downloading the details related to attendee data in excel and again uploading the all details including Relationship through LSMW to both the events.

We would be curious to know the final solution.

Regards,

Dev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For this error 'relation ship cannot be maintained by basic transaction',

u can set in SPRO, to make the relationship maintainable.

Path-> Personnel Mgt-> Org. Mgt->Basic Settings->data model enhancement->Relationship maint.->maintain relationships.

Here u can make the required relationship maintainable via PP01.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Arpita